Thread: Oh Deere!

Oh Deere!

Looks like our future will be ever more difficult.

https://www.wired.com/story/john-dee...ht-to-repair/?

JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Re: Oh Deere!

Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    Looks like our future will be ever more difficult.

https://www.wired.com/story/john-dee...ht-to-repair/?

JV
    For farmers fortunate to live in the EU they do not have to worry about such matters, as the law here forbids manufacturers withholding the codes etc. However all that may change here in Britain in the next few months
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Re: Oh Deere!

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    For farmers fortunate to live in the EU they do not have to worry about such matters, as the law here forbids manufacturers withholding the codes etc. However all that may change here in Britain in the next few months
    A friend used to own / run an auto parts wholesale warehouse. At a conference he attended about 5 years ago, one of the New England (US) Governors stood up and said that if an auto manufacturer refused to release the codes for a model then the model would not be permitted to be licensed in his state.

At the time, 2 manufactures (Ford? & Toyota?) were trying to claim the meaning of the codes were their "intellectuals property".

I don't know how this stands today, but I added a electronic brake controller to my 2017 Dodge Ram - OE Part - and I have to have the stealer flash the computer for the Dodge truck to recognize a Dodge OE part.

pure bull puckie