Thread: Vicon mower conditioner tight bed

Vicon mower conditioner tight bed

Hello there,
    i am looking at a 2nd hand mower conditioner which has a “tight bed” ie cutters not tirning freely. Is this an expensive fix or something that can be done with replacing a few easy to source parts? Other wise mower dosnt look like its done too much.
    just wondering if anyone come accriss this type of issue before. Any replies appreciated.

Re: Vicon mower conditioner tight bed

My little taarup can feel tight after stood. Ideally see it on a tractor running. Let it over run a bit then rev again to listen for dodgy noise. Then let it spin to a stop. It should not stop abruptly imo. Friend had trouble with a Claas bed. It was both time consuming and expensive to sort.

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

If it's an old thing walk away the old ones weren't very good to start with never mind additional issues. Can't comment on the recent ones.

We had a Vicon disc mower for years just for topping. After being stood over winter it was always quite stiff to start with. I used to run her for a few minutes and she was free. I sold her at a collective machinery sale for nearly as much as I'd given for her second hand years before.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.