Thread: New Holland steering

New Holland steering

Hi new Holland tm155 power command here

Losing drive at low revs while steering and changing gear at the same time

Also steering is rock solid at tickover when tractor warms up

Steering was always like this but the lose of drive has only came after a back end filter change and power steering pump removal to fix a stripped thread that holds it on

Thanks in advance

Re: New Holland steering

Also tractor drives fine along the road with higher revs

Quote Originally Posted by michaelb1992 View Post
    Hi new Holland tm155 power command here

Losing drive at low revs while steering and changing gear at the same time

Also steering is rock solid at tickover when tractor warms up

Steering was always like this but the lose of drive has only came after a back end filter change and power steering pump removal to fix a stripped thread that holds it on

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelb1992 View Post
    Also tractor drives fine along the road with higher revs

See now why you had the pump off! Info in the earlier PM's should be current even though its a PC, the only two models we ever had didn't last many weeks before we exchanged for Range commands on which I have done a bit, but Power Command experience is zilch other than what I have read in the TM manuals.

If your on FB, if your not a member of The Big New Holland 6 Cylinder Tractor Register I would join and see if someone there can be of more help?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Hi have you checked the pressure at various points . Iíve had a few Iíve had to increase steering pump pressure due to that but itís just due to heavy steering. The obvious fault is blocked hydraulic filters Iím presuming youíve changed them. Thereís priority valve on steering pump it could be stuck as well few points to start off with

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

My suspicion is that you have inadvertently introduced a little bit of debris into the load sensing lines somewhere and it is stopping a line check valve from seating. There is a check valve built into the load sensing from each item usually within the device itself. A good example is the trailer braking valve. These check valves allow the item demanding oil to put standby pressure signal oil into the load sensing system to "signal" the pump to move it's swashplate and start pumping. All the sources of signal are connected together in one connection at the pump so it's important that the check valves in every other line are working otherwise the signal oil from item X just leaks off in another line on item Y rather than operate the pump swash plate. I once spent a week finding a fault like this in an MX120 Case after a little bit of rubber from a changed hose got into the check valve for the load sensing line in the trailer braking valve. No steering etc until you put your foot on the brake pedal. To find the culprit try to isolate or block each line one at a time. When you block the culprit things will work again. You can buy external check valves for a few pounds from flowfit online and that's what I used to fix my instance rather than stripping the brake valve as no seal kit was available at that time and an new valve was near a grand. I was a lot wiser on load sensing by the time I got it fixed. It pays to be really clean around modern hydraulics as a tiny bit of dirt or swarf can cause havoc.