Thread: Case 885xl too slow!

Case 885xl too slow!

I have recently bought a case 885xl 4wd and even on 2500rpm I can just about get 30k out of her!
    I was wouldering if it is possible to do any gear box swaps or even change the ratios to improve its road speed. Is this even possible? What would it consist off?
    I have noticed that it has the “DT” box and diff in her which I know doesn’t help!!
    The torque amplifier doesn’t work but there is 12v coming to the switch as it is a power command model so I’m assuming the TA is broken. How do I know if it is selected in the “high” ratio in the TA? Would a new TA make any difference to its road speed? Is there different types of ratio’d torque amplifiers????
    Help greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Re: Case 885xl too slow!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig885xl View Post
    I have recently bought a case 885xl 4wd and even on 2500rpm I can just about get 30k out of her!
    I was wouldering if it is possible to do any gear box swaps or even change the ratios to improve its road speed. Is this even possible? What would it consist off?
    I have noticed that it has the “DT” box and diff in her which I know doesn’t help!!
    The torque amplifier doesn’t work but there is 12v coming to the switch as it is a power command model so I’m assuming the TA is broken. How do I know if it is selected in the “high” ratio in the TA? Would a new TA make any difference to its road speed? Is there different types of ratio’d torque amplifiers????
    Help greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Agrimax will probably know but there is a way of reading the main machine number on the tombstone to work out the gearing combinations. I would be suspicious that the TA is in permanent low. Most of that model in my experience were spec to do in excess of 20mph. Our 895 does approx 23.5mph in top at the rated engine speed.

Re: Case 885xl too slow!

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/sho...-6cyl-too-slow!!

Some info here http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/sho...-6cyl-too-slow!!

I guess we have been luck over the years by chance. All the Doncaster models we have had could exceed 20mph except fo an old 674 (non TA) which could only scrape about 17-18mph.