Thread: Job choice

Job choice

I have chance to go on to a farm and do a system review and implement changes with a decent reward or I can stop where I am having just completed such a change but would leave someone else to reap the rewards. Any advice on the situation.

Re: Job choice

Perhaps you are the only one in the position to answer that.

Speedy - there is a lot you haven't told us that you need to consider

- how long have you been involved in farming? farm management?

- where do you want your career to go? Farm / business management? farm / business consulting?

- how mobile are you (& your family) willing to be? move every year or 3? settle down in an area?

all these things should come into your decision

dont bother . the rewards outside agriculture are far higher its a mugs game a race to the bottom for us poor mugs that work for farmers

It's a mug's game i suppose it is, i have been around farming through my late father and myself working on a farm then becoming an agricultural mechanic repairing farm machinery for most of my life,but i have enjoyed it and still do, pay ? not very good,in 1964 i was getting 5 a week= to 70 today but i got married and ran a car on it i did however see the light and left to go into the motor trade as a mechanic having served 2 and a half years in national service where i was getting more money weekly with all found and i came out in 1962!!!, i left the motor trade in 1973 as the Arab's jacked up price of oil and eggspurt's predicted 25yr's left of oil an i thought farming will allway's be needed,not with our government's they all think we can get enough food from Europe, idiot's, so i would give advice as, if farming or working on a farm is something you really want to do ok, but don't do it for the money.