Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: H Ferguson

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    871

    H Ferguson

    Hands up those who knew it was Harry Ferguson's birthday today?

    Thought not ;-)

    http://www.bookofdaystales.com/harry-ferguson/

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    County Down
    Posts
    26

    Re: H Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    Hands up those who knew it was Harry Ferguson's birthday today?

    Thought not ;-)

    http://www.bookofdaystales.com/harry-ferguson/

    JV
    How remiss of me to forget, worse still I only live 2 miles from his homestead. Perhaps for next year we could design a Google Doodle for such an important figure who revolutionized agriculture , then the whole World will be reminded.

    ETC

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    871

    Re: H Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    How remiss of me to forget, worse still I only live 2 miles from his homestead. Perhaps for next year we could design a Google Doodle for such an important figure who revolutionized agriculture , then the whole World will be reminded.

    ETC
    Google Doodle? Excellent idea!

    Since I'm in Aus and the link is to a North American site, there was no guarantee that the day of my post was actually Ferguson's birth day. I've checked the site again, and as I read it, his birthdate was 4/11/1884.

    For anyone interested, there is a Fergie association in N America (probably more than one!) with the name FENA.

    Here's how you can join.

    Ferguson Enthusiasts of North America
    Just a friendly reminder that your membership to FENA is set to
    expire xxxxxx.
    Renew today to avoid interruption of your subscription to the
    Ferguson Furrows magazine.
    Membership dues are $30 (Canada $35, Overseas $40)
    Outside the USA, please pay online at the website.
    Mail a check drawn on a US bank to:
    FENA
    c/o Chad or Rebecca Ferguson, 7560 S. Lake Rd, Jamestown, PA 16134
    Or Pay Online at the FENA store
    www.FergusonTractors.org
    Questions? Call 724-927-6157

    I would, but USD40 p.a. is more than I'm prepared to pay when I have so many other things to take my time.

    JV
    Last edited by john maddock; 21-11-18 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    797

    Re: H Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    Hands up those who knew it was Harry Ferguson's birthday today?

    Thought not ;-)

    http://www.bookofdaystales.com/harry-ferguson/

    JV
    Thank you for the link(linkage), very interesting.
    It also brought me a link with the past, in that it is the first time I have seen mention of the Maxwell car, which apparently Ferguson sold. My father drove a Maxwell Touring car, way back in the 1920,s. I also have a photograph of him driving a Fordson N way back in 1921.
    Also, our local discussion group had a local farmer speaking who showed photographs of his fathers farm staff of 120, plus a photo of 35 grey ferries lined up together!
    Times change!
    jack caley

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    173

    Re: H Ferguson

    Hi John,
    I posted a reply, then read the link you had posted. The page said 4th Nov so realised you had the right date. My comment about the US writing dates back to front didn't apply so deleted the post as it didn't add anything to the discussion.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    871

    Re: H Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Hi John,
    I posted a reply, then read the link you had posted. The page said 4th Nov so realised you had the right date. My comment about the US writing dates back to front didn't apply so deleted the post as it didn't add anything to the discussion.
    Pure luck, Paw, that I got the date right, pure luck!

    I've followed your lead and deleted the post re puzzle.

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,203

    Re: H Ferguson

    There was a book about HF in my school library 45 years ago. Certainly one of my heroes then. Think I read it twice then a year on noticed when looking through the shelves that no one else had borrowed it in that year. I borrowed it permanently. Never told anyone that before. Parents would have been furious.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    County Down
    Posts
    26

    Re: H Ferguson

    I was driving past the memorial garden to-day, he's still looking pensively over the gate wondering who will remember his birthday next year, and whether
    his book will be returned to the library !

    https://www.visitlisburncastlereagh....uson-memorials

    ETC

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    871

    Re: H Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    I was driving past the memorial garden to-day, he's still looking pensively over the gate wondering who will remember his birthday next year, and whether
    his book will be returned to the library !

    https://www.visitlisburncastlereagh....uson-memorials

    ETC
    My guess: none and never . Good memorial tho'

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •