Thread: sanderson teleporter 725

sanderson teleporter 725

it has a ford 5000 engine which is seized what is the best way to remove the engine help would be much appreciated ps about 1984 model

Re: sanderson teleporter 725

Quote Originally Posted by rustypete View Post
    it has a ford 5000 engine which is seized what is the best way to remove the engine help would be much appreciated ps about 1984 model
    Had to google a picture or two to refresh the grey cells a bit! Long time since we had a 622 and I'm sure we had issues with it like all the ford engined torque converter loaders.

It has to come out the back because of the bulkhead that is part of/around the main lift ram base?

Disconnect the battery
    Rad and oil cooler pack off
    hydraulic pump off
    remove all hoses, wiring cables etc as required

At this point I'd think also about getting the boom up a bit if possible and also remove the compensator ram hoses, cap all connections and remove the rams for access

jack up support the transmission
    attach the engine hoist/block & tackle to the engine
    remove the engine mounting around the crankshaft pulley
    remove the bellhousing bolts
    pull engine away from the transmission carefully being aware that you will be pulling the flywheel along with the torque converter which has a splined shaft into the transmission pump.

Main thing to remember is when you put it back in its imperative to get the tangs on the TC's hollow shaft aligned to the two slots in the pump before pushing it together, otherwise you risk wrecking the TC and/or the pump.

I'd also take the opportunity to drop the hydraulic oil and remove the inspection hatch to access the hydraulic pump suction screen. Sandersons were a sod for shedding bits of fluff and fibres out of the ram seals which chogs the suction screen.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

You will need to remove the hydraulic tank and as FF above. The easiest way to remove the engine out through the back is with another machine with pallet tines with the sump sitting on two tines pushed together in the centre. 2 handed job really. Like FF mentioned the tricky part is sliding the assembly back on the convertor.

sorry for taking so long to reply but thanks a lot for putting me in the right direction thanks again