Thread: Pig Farm fire - Ontario Canada

Pig Farm fire - Ontario Canada

Re: Pig Farm fire - Ontario Canada

This tragedy brings out peta and their sidekicks, gives them something to complain about. You seem to have had a number of fires in hog farms this past while, is there something inherently wrong in the layout?

Quote Originally Posted by rangerover View Post
    This tragedy brings out peta and their sidekicks, gives them something to complain about. You seem to have had a number of fires in hog farms this past while, is there something inherently wrong in the layout?
    PETA - if PETA had its way, cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, . . . would have no economic value (not allowed to eat them) and would soon end up on the endangered species lists.

As for the farm fires, I wonder if it isn't a combination of cost cutting to compete with the highly subsided US (claims of up to 73%) and the use of "recent irregular immigrants" (read ILLEGAL immigrants) whose farm and building safety background isn't the same as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    PETA - if PETA had its way, cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, . . . would have no economic value (not allowed to eat them) and would soon end up on the endangered species lists.

As for the farm fires, I wonder if it isn't a combination of cost cutting to compete with the highly subsided US (claims of up to 73%) and the use of "recent irregular immigrants" (read ILLEGAL immigrants) whose farm and building safety background isn't the same as ours.
    A number of years ago our family did a 'house swap' with people who lived in PEI, we had a fantastic time, drove across the Confederation Bridge down as a far as Maine, Campebello Island was the highlight there, and met a lot of very nice people, was quite amused that we were spoken to first in French as we travelled around, anyway, I remember a potato farmer telling me that if there was a surplus of potatoes down in Trumpland they would turn back a load for the most meagre reason, whereas in the west there was no problem negotiating the customs. I have heard of the 'refugees' coming across your border and claiming, and getting all sorts of welfare, because they claim to be 'refugees' fleeing from the US, whereas they in reality they are originally from Haiti, welcomed at the time of the disaster, temporarily, to the US, but now like living in a big country, but Uncle Sam is not so welcoming nowadays, so it's north to Canada for them, until someone realizes what is being done to the country, and cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    There was a documentary type programme on the TV here a few years ago following the investigation into these sorts of hog barn fires in the US. If I remember right, the conclusion was a combination of humidity and corrosive gases rotting the electrical fittings causing short circuits which in turn caused the flammable gases to combust.