Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bob Mayor, Ploughman 24. The update thread

Re: Bob Mayor, Ploughman 24. The update thread

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Thanks for arranging the reading material plus other bits and pieces Merv, Bob is chuffed with what you and Profi have sent down for him, came just right when he needed cheering up!

rgds

Peter
    Not a problem, glad he liked them.

Many of you will of noticed that there has been a long spell since the last post here. I spoke to Bob yesterday during which he asked if I could put up a message for him to all those who have thought or mentioned him in the past, to wish them and everyone else a very merry christmas and happy new year.

Bob is still dealing with all his problems, he's now pretty much bed ridden, back on morphine and struggling with the pain in his legs and other problems which I'll leave so as to give him a bit of dignity. Bob wishes he could join in but finds it hard enough to navigate, click on sites and read, the pain of trying to type makes doing more very difficult, he's a brave old boy in a place where many of us hopefully will bypass during the closing stages of our lives. Bob along with Maureen caring for him has faced unbelievable agony day in, day out.

Bob, here's hoping you manage to have a good day tomorrow

best rgds

Peter

Hope you are getting some joy and peace Bob.

Peter

And we think we all have problems! Can't imagine what Bob and Maureen go through every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Holden View Post
    And we think we all have problems! Can't imagine what Bob and Maureen go through every day.
    It certainly puts things in perspective.

Best wishes to you both.
    Matt

I hope happy memories of the past help you both

regards OB

Quote Originally Posted by oxenboy View Post
    I hope happy memories of the past help you both

regards OB
    That's a nice comment - I've been a bit lost for words. Can only hope 2015 is kinder to you both.

Best wishes to Bob and Maureen. X

Well its been a long time with not much cheerful to report but bob rang today and what a different voice it was to usual, the reason?? the arrival of his new grandson, Oliver Douglas, a tad over 4lbs and early after complications ruled out mum going full term

Back 4-6 weeks ago- bob was still struggling with all his health problems and I could tell it by his voice- getting ground down as everything seems to be getting worse (mind you it did briefly perk up back when I sent down about a years worth of Profi mags I nabbed from the office! made the old bugger bring a tear to eye so he said.)

Today he sounded much better spurred on and already hunting down where to source a model Oliver tractor having commented that the bairn was named after the makes of tractors and aeroplanes! Does anyone know where he might find a model Oliver tractor, preferably down in the west country, seems to be plenty in the states unfortunately but shipping costs add up and Bob knows that time is fast running out.

Lovely news, Bob (and Maureen)
    Many congratulations to all.

Welcome Oliver Douglas What lovely news for us all and especially for Bob and Maureen.
    Love to all, Joyce

Bob rang today (well he texted yesterday as well to say the 9.98kg of reading material had arrived- sorry Maureen) He was surprised and delighted to of received a much smaller package today that contained said model Oliver tractor mentioned above, mentioning the name Oliver, Bob and Maureen saw their new addition in hospital on sunday, albeit for now in an incubator he reported that Oliver was feeding well and working like a little food processor- producing little parcels at the other end as well!

Mum is doing well too even though considering it was a caesarian, she hopes to be out by the end of the week or earlier and they are talking of Oliver perhaps only needing a week at most before also going home too.

All very good news.

Very best wishes to them all.

Been in touch with Bob last week after he received his last delivery of old magazines from the workshop tea-break library for this year. He asked me to wish everyone a merry christmas from both him and Maureen.

All I can report is that he is still struggling with all his ailments, most are unchanged as is the constant pain he has to deal with. There have been some close calls but Bob has managed as yet to avoid a final curtain call.

Merry christmas Bob, Maureen and all.