Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bob Mayor, Ploughman 24. The update thread

Re: Bob Mayor, Ploughman 24. The update thread

That sounds a lovely day, Peter.
    Many happy returns Bob.

Glad you enjoyed your day Bob Big hugs xx

Sounds as if it was a grand day! Glad the weather didn't stop it happening.

Hugs from Joyce xx

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
    Sounds as if it was a grand day! Glad the weather didn't stop it happening.

Hugs from Joyce xx

Looked like we had a bit of luck weather wise Joyce, the 175miles down was into some fairly strong winds that would of made you feel back at old home! the trip back should of been a doddle with the now tail wind, but like I put in the earlier post, the remaining non-dual carriageway bits of the A303 became a crawl.

I was lucky enough to be given a fair chunk of bobs birthday cake made by in secretive sessions by Maureen as and when Bob was out of the way, a considerable feat given the small size of their bungalow!!

Bit of an age difference! Granddad & Granddaughter!

Bob at Mission control, where he can just see some hillside and a bit of farming going on.

ff

Sorry I missed your Birthday Bob, I don't get on here much these days. Many happy returns of the day to you, sounds like it was a good day for you all.

BB

life has had its up and downs
    thankyou very much for birthday greetings and to a certian lady who sent the dvd of the match
    white elephant has had a good outcome a brand new lift is in place and working new wheelchair is on the way they are coming out on december the fifth to demonstrate a wheelchair and get all things sorted about sliding doors inside here to make it easier to get around
    my wife did a sly birthday party for me in plymouth resturant a person came out of nowhere and helped push the wheelchair to there it was ff who came down from basinstoke down
    and back in a day thanhkyou very much peter
    my pain is increasing a lot now and i tend to lie down a lot as the lower part from waist down is in constant pain even morphine has a job to keep on top of it
    do not put off those jobs that you can do today till tomorrow

Ah-ha, good to see you can login now and post as well!!! Thats better Bob!

Have to be quick- up in Worcester for the weekend and the wi-fi and the broardband are diabolical here where we are staying in the sticks!

It was a pleasure to get down and see you both, even if it was only for a few hours, Forgot to say that Maureens cake was scrummie too !

best rgds

Peter

Cool Re: Bob Mayor, Ploughman 24. The update thread

just like to say happy christmas to you all and hope new year is better

A very happy Christmas to you and Maureen, Bob.
    Love from Joyce xx

Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas and a better new year, Bob. Best wishes, wr
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Happy Christmas Bob, and a peaceful New Year.

All the best
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Happy New Year Bob, may 2014 be a good one for you. Big hugs xx

Its been a long time since there has been any activity on this thread, there have been times when I've thought about putting something up, but its always been difficult to know what to put, so it was a good job I rang Bob last saturday before I pushed off for a months holiday, later I felt that some of the trip to Perth WA was perhaps the closest I have come to his situation.

For a total of 20 hours I was confined to an uncomfortable seats, I had someone bring me food and drink, I either listened to or watched the on-board entertainment, read, or just stared out of the window, helpless to do anything else other than comply with what was being done with me. A trip to the bathroom made for an adventure but by the time the fluids consumed against dehydration kicked in the novelty of that began to wane.

By the time I reached my destination I was in agony with my back giving me grief, I was also tired and not full of beans by a long chalk. At times like this I often think of Bob, knowing from what he tells me and what I glean elsewhere that this sort of experience or worse is the daily experience for him, never ending caught up in the classic Ground-hog day scenario, but for me, Mrs ff and I were collected by our son, and taken to his home to rest and recover from our ordeal, for Bob, the pain plus unbelievable discomfort and indignity continue day, after day, after day. There is little, if any relief.

How he has got this far I can't understand, though I do believe that many a lesser mortal with out that gentle giants grit would have thrown in the towel long ago, so those of you who know bob and have followed, felt for and helped him may of realised that things are not good simply by the long spaces between updates. Things are not at all good for Bob, he is not able enjoy as many things as he did, he's not in good shape by a long chalk, but he still keeps plodding away, guided and tended by his loving wife Maureen, his rock, crutch and support for a long time now, but it is all becoming too much and the spiral slowly descends onwards to new lows, how Bob manages to keep going I just don't know.

I just hope he can try to enjoy something each day, no matter how small, just to keep going.

Your a brave man Bob Mayor.

Best rgds

Peter

Its very easy to get completely engrossed in the day to day grind of running a business and putting bread on the table and then not find time to write a few lines that might make someones day a bit brighter - but I do often think about you Bob. I too marvel at your strength and hope that, God forbid, I find myself in the same situation, I bear it with as much dignity as you have.
    Colin

i have not said much lately as i am carrying on the battle and have had a rough time of it
    today we have been told all of the ramp and electric lift is being taken away and replaced with a ramp
    nearly a year has gone by and talk about not help people waste is a good thing because it is what has been done
    yesterday we recieved a bill for electricity for 561 which was for the whole year i dog and boned them to ask why it took so long they had no answer
    why do they pick on me for all the nonsense and bad manegment is beyond my thinking
    so now we go back to the begining about the ramp i am sick of there pitful ways nice to your face but quick to stab you in the back

Lovely to see you posting, Bob - but not what has happened to you.

What on earth has happened to your very own 'personal care worker' or whatever they are called today?? These berluddy social parasites are drawing a wage for doing - SFA then? With the problems you have, you and Maureen shouldn't have to battle through daft things like ramps and access, alone.

Take care Bob.

Lovely to see you posting Bob, not so nice the content though. Agree with Matt, your social carer should be shouldering some of this for you. Virtual hugs to both you and Maureen xx

Being a newcomer to the forum, I've just read through your story Bob. The one thing that struck me, you have the constitution of an ox!
    The next time I'm moaning about my aches and pains, I'll pause and think what you're going through.
    Every best wish and keep yer pecker up!

time i put a few things on here
    i have had some pretty nasty conditions which time has now established them in me
    but still putting up with it
    mr ff and lynnn /joyce and some others have kept me alive
    we are changhing our mobility car and the only one i can get in and out well is the ford kuga so it is the one
    they are finally in the last bits of my ski ramp next week should all be done
    has anyone got any profi mags they could give me to read
    anyone have the need for a scooter quingo it needs a bit doing to it and unfortunatly cant let it go for zero as it could help pay deposit on kuga
    i lost all my email address so could people pm to me an i can put things right
    maureen is well and keeps me going as io have come close to putting an end to this

Good to see you've managed to post Bob and equally good to have a chat again last week, keep gritting those teeth as best you can.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman24 View Post
    has anyone got any profi mags they could give me to read
    Bob are you after any in particular? Sure we can sort you out with some copies.

Merv

Quote Originally Posted by Profi Farmer View Post
    Bob are you after any in particular? Sure we can sort you out with some copies.

Merv

Hi Merv,

Expect Bob won't mind me poking my nose in here, he finds the effort to type & post hard to do like most things are now.

I know he dosen't come across Profi's much at all, my copy is thru the farm so it disappears up the office after I've read it so I can't send those, but he gets farmers guide, southeast farmer, the ag contracting mag and any other ag stuff off of the workshop reading rack most months.

If you don't mind I'll forward his address to you at the weekend when home

Rgds

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Hi Merv,

Expect Bob won't mind me poking my nose in here, he finds the effort to type & post hard to do like most things are now.

I know he dosen't come across Profi's much at all, my copy is thru the farm so it disappears up the office after I've read it so I can't send those, but he gets farmers guide, southeast farmer, the ag contracting mag and any other ag stuff off of the workshop reading rack most months.

If you don't mind I'll forward his address to you at the weekend when home

Rgds

Peter
    Not a problem, I am sure we can sort something for Bob.

thankyou very much look forward to it
    they are thinking of putting in a orthpeidic bed now as my joints are seizing up
    so my hydraulics or not up to scratch now
    still waiting for first run down ramp as i cannot use it because they left a bar in the way

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman24 View Post
    thankyou very much look forward to it
    they are thinking of putting in a orthpeidic bed now as my joints are seizing up
    so my hydraulics or not up to scratch now
    still waiting for first run down ramp as i cannot use it because they left a bar in the way

I think my PA has passed your address on to Merv for us Bob so things should be rolling a bit there!

Maybe they think you have a stunt wheelchair this time so left a little something for you to practice on? ........hope the wait is worth it in the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post

Maybe they think you have a stunt wheelchair this time so left a little something for you to practice on? ......
    Don't forget a photo or preferably a video when you get round to having a go, Bob
    Hugs to you both!

Not been a good time for the "old" boy this week.

Maureen rang, I think in desperation because Bob was getting into a state as their internet/phones had been cut off due to a payment error, but it was compounded by their power utility taking a double portion of Direct Debit for this month too, having to juggle with not a lot leaves little leaway and then being unable to communicate with them other than a pay as you go mobile was getting him really uptight.

I knew the best answer would be for me to contact RABI and pass the details on as having tried to deal direct for someone in these sorts of situations gets you nowhere, whereas RABI have the clout to make utilities take notice, and so it was that when Bob rang earlier he could report that they have sorted things out for them. Through all this long period RABI have been exemplary in their support and assistance of Bob and Maureen, so thanks go to their head office and Lyn+Liz down on the ground in Plymouth who look after them and many others within our industry who sometimes need support.

And also the contractors who installed the latest wheelchair ramp have been and removed the "safety" barrier they had forgotten about so he can actually exit now!!

ff

Thanks for arranging the reading material plus other bits and pieces Merv, Bob is chuffed with what you and Profi have sent down for him, came just right when he needed cheering up!

rgds

Peter

Well done RABI, and you, FF for alerting them.

Has Bob got Skype? - as I found that much better than a pay as you go mobile when I was in a temporary [no landline] cottage for 6 months.