Thread: Anybody want a few cheap N. Ireland calves?

Anybody want a few cheap N. Ireland calves?

Looks like we might need an alternative route to get Irish beef into the UK. Would anybody fancy some cheap calves?

It's a bit tongue in cheek, but I'm just curious as to what way things will pan out after 29th March?

Re: Anybody want a few cheap N. Ireland calves?

Quote Originally Posted by 5000man View Post
    Looks like we might need an alternative route to get Irish beef into the UK. Would anybody fancy some cheap calves?

It's a bit tongue in cheek, but I'm just curious as to what way things will pan out after 29th March?
    Nobody has commented on this, which I find sad really. This is an example of project fear, the obstruction so very well done by the remoaners and the Europeans who want our money.
    They used the free market as a tool, connected to free movement as a deterrent, our politicians fell for it.
    I really believe that a clean break, no deal would immediately have Europe running to. export all and sundry to us, especially Irish cattle dealers.
    Trade would find a way.
    jack caley

Thanks for the reply Jack, is everyone totally fed up with the whole Brexit debate over there?

I am not sure that Brexit is a debate anymore, just an excuse for politions to fight amongst themselves and sod the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by 5000man View Post
    Thanks for the reply Jack, is everyone totally fed up with the whole Brexit debate over there?
    EVERYBODY is fed up with Brexit, my daughter tells me it is affecting me, I am going mad, watching telly because I have been ill for the last six weeks. The more outrageous politicians can be to attract journalists and media, the more stupid things they come out with. The whole thing has moved away from the will of the common people, who voted out anyway.
    Eventually we will return to normal trade, we will always want good Irish beef, we cannot produce enough ourselves.
    Where has common sense disappeared to?
    jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    I am not sure that Brexit is a debate anymore, just an excuse for politions to fight amongst themselves and sod the rest of us.
    I certainly agree with that and also with what Jack wrote. There is circa 75% of MPs who I wouldn't pay in chocolate buttons. Nowadays the wrong people put themselves up for election as an MP. It's the same with County and District Councillors. And once some one starts to fawn up to them and they eventually gather a collections of sycophants who bless the air that they breathe and worship the soil they walk on there is no stopping them. I actually think that to some of them it's like a drug and once they get hooked they get carried away in their own magnificence. We have very few statesmen or women any more. Most of them are just plain would-be politicians who might begin with good intentions but once they think they're on a pedestal there is no stopping them until they either fall off or are pushed.

And don't even get me started on the House of Lords and what a sinkhole that has become.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I would make everyone sit down and watch this right through. I hope the link works
    https://www.facebook.com/Reasons2Rem...0326499650169/
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    I would make everyone sit down and watch this right through. I hope the link works
    An interesting piece,I did watch it through, and remain unconvinced by the Remain arguments.
    I started trading with Europe about 36 years ago when it was just the Common Market. I watched Europe progress and develop, a tremendous achievement.The problem started when the politicians started to federalise, and create overall control to include a universal currency. This meant that countries lost the abality to control their own affairs, especially their economies. My son tells me of all the empty factories along the road between Turin and Venice. The strong German economy has destroyed a great deal of our business as well as Greek, Spanish and Italian economies. I find it ironic that Scotland wants to devolve from the Uk, but is quite happy to be controlled by Europe.
    People can manage their own local affairs far better without a centralised, corrupt undemocratic organisation like Druncker and co.
    jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    I just took a listen to this and MY take is:
    a) Brexit will NOT be good for Globalist corporations who want NO barriers in selling you something while having the profits siphoned to some tax haven
    b) the item was posted by someone who supports the Globalist manifesto of "give me free reign to rape, pillage and plunder" and take the booty some place else

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    I just took a listen to this and MY take is:
    a) Brexit will NOT be good for Globalist corporations who want NO barriers in selling you something while having the profits siphoned to some tax haven
    b) the item was posted by someone who supports the Globalist manifesto of "give me free reign to rape, pillage and plunder" and take the booty some place else
    I too am very concerned about global corporations particularly US ones. There can be no question the EU has done a huge amount to rein them in, but far more could be done.
    I believe UK plc on its own will have very little clout and a certain D Trump has made very clear that the prices of a trade deal with the US will be more exports of US food and US corporations to be freed of much of the red tape here that the EU puts in their way.
    As a trading entity of 500 million people the EU has the clout to stand up to the US , on our own we have fast chance of getting a deal through which does not sell farming in particular down the drain.
    We also have the worry about Mr Putin who is anxious to reclaim parts of Europe he believe rightfully Russian, divide and conquer is his mantra.
    And then there is China!
    Make no mistake the EU is not perfect , but out on our own it is going to be a very cold world.
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.