Thread: barn dismantling

barn dismantling

one of these days wen i hav the cash i want to buy my uncles barn, but the land that barn is placed on is being sold 4 development ... just wondering if anyone new of a company that dismantled barns at a relatively cheap price.... or would it be easier if i just took measurements and pictures and got that building built new by another company ... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Re: barn dismantling

I would save your money and buy new when you have a place to put the barn.

These things are rarely cost effective unless you have the labour and equipment to dismantle it yourself. In fact your Uncle should probably be paying you to clear the site.

And how old is the shed? If the roof sheets are asbestos, don't touch it with a barge pole.

Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    These things are rarely cost effective unless you have the labour and equipment to dismantle it yourself. In fact your Uncle should probably be paying you to clear the site.

And how old is the shed? If the roof sheets are asbestos, don't touch it with a barge pole.
    its a shame coz even tho its an old barn i like it loads because it works

the shed has been around for a very long time before i was around 20 30 years old but that is just a guess ... the insurance came and re did the roof a few years back ... do you recon i could just get a company to build me one to the exact size etc: if i sent them pictures and measurements???

thank you 4 yer help

No harm in asking a shed builder for a quote to relocate the barn. It's not rocket science to take one apart and put it back. We've bought a couple of 2nd hand buildings over the years and it's been cost effective.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wr. View Post
    No harm in asking a shed builder for a quote to relocate the barn. It's not rocket science to take one apart and put it back. We've bought a couple of 2nd hand buildings over the years and it's been cost effective.
    Depending on the construction, size, location where you would want it, the roadways in between, . . . . maybe just move it as-is

on this side of the pond, a friend used to work for a company that moved buildings - I seem to remember him talking about moving a 300ft long brick building