Thread: Matbro teleram

Matbro teleram

Hi I was wondering if anybody on here knows about a matbro teleram on here? Was looking at one she’s the older model I think has the lever at the steering wheel for reverse and you push up to get 1 2 and 3 and down for reverse. She as oil coming out of the torque in the gearbox. How big of a job would it take to fix any ideas ?

Re: Matbro teleram

Quote Originally Posted by massey mad View Post
    Hi I was wondering if anybody on here knows about a matbro teleram on here? Was looking at one she’s the older model I think has the lever at the steering wheel for reverse and you push up to get 1 2 and 3 and down for reverse. She as oil coming out of the torque in the gearbox. How big of a job would it take to fix any ideas ?
    Its a poor gearbox in them out of a Taxi, but yes they can still be overhauled, Wayne (matbro Man) knows them best.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Its a poor gearbox in them out of a Taxi, but yes they can still be overhauled, Wayne (matbro Man) knows them best.
    Think this is him- http://matbroman.co.uk/index.html
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

If the gears and the shuttle are on the same lever, then it’ll be the Chrysler box. (I think, never had one.)
    The later (will still be mid 80’s) teleram 40c and 40d with Clark box are a much better box, and not a bad old bus really for a yard machine. You should see the model number on the serial plate in the cab.
    Sorry no idea what would make the oil come out of the torque unit.
    Had a 40d and never really had any major issues.

I used to find that the metal plate that holds the bowl would break up on the mounting bolts so would lose drive and then leak the oil out.

Where would you get a workshop manual for matbro teleram d40 with a clarke gearbox?