Thread: Spring, spring, the glorious spring.

Spring, spring, the glorious spring.

What a wonderful spring we are having!
    In amongst all the man made Brexit shite, I took a ride round the local area, having been confined to barracks for a few weeks, and thoroughly enjoyed the ride out.Crops look fantastic, oilseed rape is just coming in to flower, with full thick crops. Wheat and barley crops have all had top dressing on time, they look great. Cultivations for vining peas are perfect.
    Daffodils on the roadside, magnolias in full blossom, what a blessing!
    As I sit here, I am watching small birds scurrying round, building their nests, we have ducks and geese on our lake, together with funny little dabchicks.
    Why can we not count our blessings, instead of childish clowns in London acting as prima donnas in order to claim their expenses?
    Jack Caley

Re: Spring, spring, the glorious spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    What a wonderful spring we are having!
    In amongst all the man made Brexit shite, I took a ride round the local area, having been confined to barracks for a few weeks, and thoroughly enjoyed the ride out.Crops look fantastic, oilseed rape is just coming in to flower, with full thick crops. Wheat and barley crops have all had top dressing on time, they look great. Cultivations for vining peas are perfect.
    Daffodils on the roadside, magnolias in full blossom, what a blessing!
    As I sit here, I am watching small birds scurrying round, building their nests, we have ducks and geese on our lake, together with funny little dabchicks.
    Why can we not count our blessings, instead of childish clowns in London acting as prima donnas in order to claim their expenses?
    Jack Caley
    A great post, Jack, listing some of the positives of life. I envy your good spring; here, the autumn is causing concern, with several months of below average rainfall continuing.

I listened to the vote in the Commons last night while on a break from sleeping, and I do not understand how anyone could believe Brexit can work. Cameron has a lot to answer for.

JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    A great post, Jack, listing some of the positives of life. I envy your good spring; here, the autumn is causing concern, with several months of below average rainfall continuing.

I listened to the vote in the Commons last night while on a break from sleeping, and I do not understand how anyone could believe Brexit can work. Cameron has a lot to answer for.

JV
    I will not spoil what I hoped was a positive post, only to say that I have a feeling you and I might not agree.
    I just feel we live in such a wonderful world, which is spoilt by man!
    Jack Caley

The spring is wonderful and we are making the most of it however I am sure we will have to pay for it with the weather to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    The spring is wonderful and we are making the most of it however I am sure we will have to pay for it with the weather to come.
    I can see you are a glass half full man!
    jack caley

I can see you are a glass half full man!
    jack caley
    I call it realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Nature has a habit of balancing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Nature has a habit of balancing things.
    I do agree!
    One Year I came back from the warm sunshine of Italy on June 1st. We got off the boat in Hull to white over with snow!
    jack Caley

I do agree!
    One Year I came back from the warm sunshine of Italy on June 1st. We got off the boat in Hull to white over with snow!
    jack Caley
    late 70's was it?
    remember we were taking a cut of silage and we had sheered a bolt on something. We were gathered about the machine working on it and thinking how B cold it was turned round and saw the snow whiting out the horizon. the field was covered for a few minutes
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    late 70's was it?
    remember we were taking a cut of silage and we had sheered a bolt on something. We were gathered about the machine working on it and thinking how B cold it was turned round and saw the snow whiting out the horizon. the field was covered for a few minutes
    You are probably quite right, it was when my sister in law went to live in Italy, and my first experience of sunny Italy.
    That in the end led to my involvement with the Caravaggi family and mill mixers.