Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Thoughts on logic weedwiper

  1. #1

    Thoughts on logic weedwiper

    Thinking of getting one but a few locals donít like them- thoughts please

    Also best place to buy price wise.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    990

    Re: Thoughts on logic weedwiper

    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE COWBOY View Post
    Thinking of getting one but a few locals donít like them- thoughts please

    Also best place to buy price wise.
    Take a look at the Weedwiper at Micron Sprayers, and the Weedswiper at J.B. Edlington & Co. Both have electronic feedback control which monitors the amount of herbicide in the pads and pumps just enough to keep the pad saturated without dripping. Single knob control, dead easy to use, works like a thermostat. No idea how their prices compare with Logic.

    Full disclosure: I build some of the parts used in both machines.

    https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/ma...ea2dd8bbccd371

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  3. #3
    Senior Member 4wd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    North York Moors
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Thoughts on logic weedwiper

    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE COWBOY View Post
    Thinking of getting one but a few locals donít like them- thoughts please

    Also best place to buy price wise.
    What's the 'logic' behind not liking them.
    Bought one about five years ago and it has proved robust and effective mainly on rushes.
    Quite hard on the quad bike towing it in rough going but not been beat yet.

    It's a niggle that you trample down some of what you want to wipe, but over 2 or 3 years the transformation can be remarkable with very little chemical used.

  4. #4

    Re: Thoughts on logic weedwiper

    Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    What's the 'logic' behind not liking them.
    Bought one about five years ago and it has proved robust and effective mainly on rushes.
    Quite hard on the quad bike towing it in rough going but not been beat yet.

    It's a niggle that you trample down some of what you want to wipe, but over 2 or 3 years the transformation can be remarkable with very little chemical used.



    thanks

  5. #5

    Re: Thoughts on logic weedwiper

    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE COWBOY View Post
    thanks
    just bought one-

    Do you only use glyphosate? Bit worried to start with this as I dont want to burn grass if Im over zealous with the spray

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    990

    Re: Thoughts on logic weedwiper

    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE COWBOY View Post
    just bought one-

    Do you only use glyphosate? Bit worried to start with this as I dont want to burn grass if Im over zealous with the spray
    Should have gone to Specsavers!
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  7. #7
    Senior Member 4wd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    North York Moors
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Thoughts on logic weedwiper

    I suppose you could use other chemicals at least for thistles, but glypho is relatively cheap and works on almost all your problem tall weeds
    There will be some drips and spatters making yellow patches in grass but it will fill in again after a few weeks.
    I have noticed if you do dense rushes there will be a lot of bare ground and thistles can be bad seeding in there next year.
    It's a temporary thing even if you don't get round to tackling them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    990

    Re: Thoughts on logic weedwiper

    Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    I suppose you could use other chemicals at least for thistles, but glypho is relatively cheap and works on almost all your problem tall weeds
    There will be some drips and spatters making yellow patches in grass but it will fill in again after a few weeks.
    I have noticed if you do dense rushes there will be a lot of bare ground and thistles can be bad seeding in there next year.
    It's a temporary thing even if you don't get round to tackling them.
    I can't recommend it coz it is not registered for use through wipers and is therefore illegal, but plenty have told me that Dow Shield will give a better result than Roundup on thistles. I understand that a 4% concentration is effective early in the season, and 8% seems to work when they are more mature. Ensure that there is good soil moisture, or you might be disappointed.

    You might have to do some experimentation with the Logic coz my info relates only to the Weedswiper.

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •