Thread: MF 5455 gearbox splitter gear problem

MF 5455 gearbox splitter gear problem

Howdy there.

Got an issue with my MF 5455 splitter gear, ie the red button on gear shift not selecting gear, just staying in High all the time, the switch seems fine as the indication on dash toggles between C & D (low/high) you can hear relay clicking in and out so im assuming its an issue with a solenoid on gearbox. Do any of you guys know where this solenoid is placed on tractor?

thers a row of 5 down back end right hand side , but dosnt seem to be any of them & another 3 under front right of cab, but again dosnt seem to be any of them. Any ideas where this solenoid is for the splitter gear?

any help greatly appreciated.

Re: MF 5455 gearbox splitter gear problem

Think it's a switch rather than a solenoid that you're looking for. Can't just find it on the Agco parts lists but found another diagram which shows a switch on the right hand side of the box.Typically enough,that website isn't working properly so I can't even be sure it's the right box! It suggests pt no.
    3792196M1.
    Anything look familiar?

I will check that, i did notice there are 2 devices on side of back end, just assumed they were “level/pressure” warning type devices. Are uou aware where the solenoid lives for this tho? Seems to be only one i cant find.

Come to think of it(which I clearly didn't earlier),there would have to be a solenoid to make the change,wouldn't there! That switch above is likely just to change the H and L on the dash.Will try and dig deeper in the Agco parts lists for a solenoid.

Sorry,still none the wiser after a good search.

Yer, the H & L indication on dash works fine & i can hear the relay clicking so im assuming switches ok. I just cant find where the solenoid is hidden Iv changed a couple of solenoids in past, usually water gets into them with age.

Case solved, found a male/female spade terminal under floor mat where main wiring loom comes thr cab floor and up to controls area, connector had come adrift, was prob just teetering for long enough. Anyways, plugged together securely and all now ok.
    cheers for taking time to reply etc.