Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Matbro 250 110 axles

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    42

    Matbro 250 110 axles

    Hi all, just wondering my 250 110 matbro has started making some cracking grinding noise when turning on concrete seem to be from axles, oil used is morris xep 80w 90 lsd gear oil, tyres are well down and prob have 15% on front 0 tread on back

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    123

    Re: Matbro 250 110 axles

    Id try switching 4wd of and make sure diff locks not engaged when on hard ground, also make sure electrical circuit for operating this actually works as sometimes solenoids can fail in the function that you dont want selected.
    there was a nh tractor at place i worked yrs ago and guys used to engage 4wd/diff whilst operating on a concreted yard, it regularly damaged front diffs etc and you could see the tyres dragging etc when turning, was actually painfull to watch, just guys operating didnt give a rats as it wasnt them footing bill.
    hole you get resolved without too much work/£

  3. #3
    Senior Member ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: Matbro 250 110 axles

    Quote Originally Posted by case015 View Post
    Hi all, just wondering my 250 110 matbro has started making some cracking grinding noise when turning on concrete seem to be from axles, oil used is morris xep 80w 90 lsd gear oil, tyres are well down and prob have 15% on front 0 tread on back
    Hello

    Morris XEP90 oil is not the correct oil, you need Morris Terrain LS90. its a heavier duty commercial grade oil were as xep90 is more automotive grade LS90.

    Fuches Titan LS90 is also correct and same spec as the terrain LS90 from Morris.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: Matbro 250 110 axles

    Quote Originally Posted by Humfy View Post
    Id try switching 4wd of and make sure diff locks not engaged when on hard ground, also make sure electrical circuit for operating this actually works as sometimes solenoids can fail in the function that you dont want selected.
    there was a nh tractor at place i worked yrs ago and guys used to engage 4wd/diff whilst operating on a concreted yard, it regularly damaged front diffs etc and you could see the tyres dragging etc when turning, was actually painfull to watch, just guys operating didnt give a rats as it wasnt them footing bill.
    hole you get resolved without too much work/£
    its permanent 4wd and limited slip diffs no manual diff lock. The OP's problem is wrong oil spec, I know this because I have a morris account and used xep90 a few times myself and had this problem, since morris recently introduced the higher spec terrain LS90 no more problems.

    Previous to this Morris would tell every one xep90 was the business and nothing wrong with there oil spec

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    123

    Re: Matbro 250 110 axles

    Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    its permanent 4wd and limited slip diffs no manual diff lock. The OP's problem is wrong oil spec, I know this because I have a morris account and used xep90 a few times myself and had this problem, since morris recently introduced the higher spec terrain LS90 no more problems.

    Previous to this Morris would tell every one xep90 was the business and nothing wrong with there oil spec
    Hmm, wrong oils can defy cause havoc, on a slightly different type of machine i had, a previous owner had put ATF fluid in gearbox/clutch as reckoned made it far more responsive.... within a short time of using, i found clutch was continuallly dragging, (usually they slip when worn) after going back to dealer, was informed that certain oils can be “absorbed” by clutches thus swelling them up and rendering them problematic. In this case i had a new clutch fitted and correct oil and problem immediately sorted.

    If there has been a wrong oil put in your teleH, could be causing issues with limited diff (its got a wear plate in it), by theyr nature, theyr pretty grabby anyway so any lack of slip would give this problem? Perhaps wotth sending a oil sample of for a test/lab, not to expensive to do and prob give you alot of info ie metal content in oil as well. Hope you get sorted, sounds a headache regardless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •