Thread: What happened ?

What happened ?

I hadn't been able to access this site for a couple of days but my Internet connection was good. Anyone know what happened ? I missed not having it around.

Re: What happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    I hadn't been able to access this site for a couple of days but my Internet connection was good. Anyone know what happened ? I missed not having it around.
    Ditto and ditto, from the other side of the world.

JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    Ditto and ditto, from the other side of the world.

JV
    Jack flagged it up to me on monday that the site was down and after checking with - https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ I contacted Blue, who in turn contacted the hosting company who had moved the site to a new server with a new IP address. They reckoned it should of gone seamlessly but it didn't, possibly making a DNS issue, the hosting company must of fiddled with something as it came back up a while later.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Thanks for the explanation. I did wonder if the whole site had been disbanded and although most folks went across to "the other side" I stayed here and glad I did. I enjoy the chat and feel that I am amongst like-minded folks and I would miss it very much. I've heard of "Blue" many times and although I haven't got a clue who he/she is I would like to thank them for keeping the site going.

Thanks for the explanation. I did wonder if the whole site had been disbanded and although most folks went across to "the other side" I stayed here and glad I did. I enjoy the chat and feel that I am amongst like-minded folks and I would miss it very much. I've heard of "Blue" many times and although I haven't got a clue who he/she is I would like to thank them for keeping the site going.
    This site is already useful for advice on mechanical problems, but I believe it it could be far more useful as a social instrument in the industry. I miss Market days when every week you attended to sell or buy, and retired to the market cafe for a good old steak and kidney pie and a good chinwag. Of course most of them are now closed as the supermarkets dominate the market.
    Farming now can be a lonely existence, very antisocial. Farms that employed six or seven are now one man bands with all the pressures. Of course, zaza, you are correct we are very privileged, but there pressures as well.
    Gorgeous day today, it is a joy to be alive.
    jack caley

Scotland, land of the free home of the brave

Thanks for the update. I have been so far up the arse of calving cows that I hadn't noticed.
    What marvelous weather. Probably the best spring/winter in my 50 years farming.

Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    Thanks for the update. I have been so far up the arse of calving cows that I hadn't noticed.
    What marvelous weather. Probably the best spring/winter in my 50 years farming.
    Hmm.. I sympathise re the calving cows. Makes me wonder if you should get the cows' selenium levels checked, assuming they are having calving difficulties. Exfarmer would agree with me, since we've both had experience with the link between low selenium levels and calving problems /retained placenta. Which reminds me, my vet says the practice now is to not remove the placenta manually. I'd always believed the rotting flesh led to infertility, but he says not so.

JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    Hmm.. I sympathise re the calving cows. Makes me wonder if you should get the cows' selenium levels checked, assuming they are having calving difficulties. Exfarmer would agree with me, since we've both had experience with the link between low selenium levels and calving problems /retained placenta. Which reminds me, my vet says the practice now is to not remove the placenta manually. I'd always believed the rotting flesh led to infertility, but he says not so.

JV
    Apparently pulling it out before it's detached properly damages the wall of the uterus.