Hello

I wondered if any sheep farmers could help me with my survey please.

I am a second year PhD student at the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, University of Nottingham researching the effectiveness of footbaths for the prevention and treatment of lameness in sheep, which are often caused by bacterial infection. I have so far conducted a small number of laboratory and field trails investigating the bactericidal properties of different footbath solutions, concentrations and regimes. I planned these trails based on feedback from sheep farmers I interviewed at two agricultural shows last summer.
I would however like to expand my research and establish when and how footbaths are currently used across the UK, identifying any barriers and disadvantages. The answers will then feed back into my field trials.

I am also interested in other ways farmers manage and control lameness and therefore would also like to hear from farmers who donít use footbaths

I have developed a short survey (less than 15 minutes) which is split into four section

• Section 1: Use of footbaths

• Section 2: Vaccination & treatment
  • Section 3: On farm lameness
  • Section 4: About your farm

The survey is anonymous and can be fill out by anybody who owns or works with sheep within the UK.

Please follow this link to fill out my survey https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/UoNFootbathing

Best wishes
Hayley Marshall