Thread: Ben Fogle

Ben Fogle

Interesting tonight ...globetrotting Ben busy with Elephants in Africa.
    Putting a GPS tracker on an elephant, elephant sedated for fitting.
    Apparently Elephant had suffered a previous infection it seemed like a good idea to give it some antibiotics.
    Out comes a 100ml Bottle of Norbrook Alamycin LA.
    Ben injected 20 ml in!
    How heavy is an Elephant? 2 tons 3 Tons?
    To me it seemed like how many bottles not how many ML.
    Gee

Re: Ben Fogle

Then in the future farmers get the blame for antibiotic resistance spreading into wild elephants.

I have just recently spent some time in hospital with a cellulitis infection and a blood clot. When I first started I was given an inadequate oral dose but in hospital I had intravenous doses which really started to control the infection. In my opinion, docTors are the ones to blame for antibiotic resistance, because they underdose long after the time they should have prescribed. When I kept pigs we used to inject a good strong dose for a start. I think oral dosing is not as effective anyway.
    jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    I have just recently spent some time in hospital with a cellulitis infection and a blood clot. When I first started I was given an inadequate oral dose but in hospital I had intravenous doses which really started to control the infection. In my opinion, docTors are the ones to blame for antibiotic resistance, because they underdose long after the time they should have prescribed. When I kept pigs we used to inject a good strong dose for a start. I think oral dosing is not as effective anyway.
    jack caley
    I have similar experience. I seem to get regular chest infections starting as a sore throat every 2-3 years, this may develop into pneumonia which I have had 2-3 times, which is nasty.
    Standard procedure now is go to surgery with a severe sore throat and cough, the standard response is, we will leave it and see if it develops. I go back 3-4 days later with a bad hacking cough, I am then given low dose antibiotics which I know will do nothing, but hey ho. These tend to suppress the cough for a few days but after the course ends I am back at the surgery again where they give me the full strength they should have given 2-3 weeks earlier. This must be increasing the immunity problem
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    I have similar experience. I seem to get regular chest infections starting as a sore throat every 2-3 years, this may develop into pneumonia which I have had 2-3 times, which is nasty.
    Standard procedure now is go to surgery with a severe sore throat and cough, the standard response is, we will leave it and see if it develops. I go back 3-4 days later with a bad hacking cough, I am then given low dose antibiotics which I know will do nothing, but hey ho. These tend to suppress the cough for a few days but after the course ends I am back at the surgery again where they give me the full strength they should have given 2-3 weeks earlier. This must be increasing the immunity problem
    Sounds like you are getting into the “Hexasol Long Acting” territory.
    Works miracles on those lost causes.......anti inflammatory’s are a pretty important part of the mix.