Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euro elections

Re: Euro elections

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Becoming apparent that the numbers for “For” when added up are not quite enough.
    But you can't add up the numbers either For or Against in all other parties because we don't have the figures. Some of those who voted Labour will have been For, as will some (quite a lot) who voted Tory. Most of the Greens and Lib-Dems would have been Against but since we don't know these numbers we can't reach any kind of conclusion as to whether For or Against actually won the by-election. Brexit were 684 short of victory. 7,243 voted Tory. I would say that at least 25% of the 7,243 would have voted For and probably nearer to 50%.
    Attached Images Attached Images

make of the figures, what you will , the only thing that will provide an answer is another referendum. None of us can say we don't know what we voted for after 3 years of debate and procrastination
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Returned yesterday after ten days in France to see a cousin in the Dordogne region, had a great time kid a little difficult in view of my health nowadays.
    The area is fantastic scenery with hills, gorges, rivers and principally livestock production, especially Limousin Charolais, and some sheep, with of course some dairy.
    A great contrast to the return journey we made to avoid Paris, round by Troyes and Reims, huge fields of arable production. That journey was reminiscent of the many times I drove down to Italy.
    The village we stayed in was looking forward to road repairs and a refit of the streets costing £550000 European money, we had already seen a nearby village that had the treatment, very impressive. I did wonder if it was £350 million we pay?
    We really ought to have taken more money back over the last 40 years.
    Jack Caley