Thread: CASE 4230 Hydraulics lift issue

Question CASE 4230 Hydraulics lift issue

We are having an issue with the hydraulics on our Case 4230. They donít go up fully and the problem seems to get worse when you have something heavier on the 3 point linkage. For example when we have the likes of a topper on it only lifts about a foot of the ground at most.

I was reading that to fix this issue take off the seat, cab floor plate and then small plate in top cover. I read to adjust a small bolt/screw (10mm) that is part of the control linkage.

Has anyone ever heard of this and have any further instructions? Or has anyone got any other suggestions or solutions?

Thank you!!

Question CASE 4230 Hydraulics lift issue

My question - We are having an issue with the hydraulics on our Case 4230. They donít go up fully and the problem seems to get worse when you have something heavier on the 3 point linkage. For example when we have the likes of a topper on it only lifts about a foot of the ground at most.

I was reading
    that to fix this issue take off the seat, cab floor plate and then small plate in top cover. I read to adjust a small bolt/screw (10mm) that is part of the control linkage.

Has anyone ever heard of this and have any further instructions? Or has anyone got any other suggestions or solutions?

Re: CASE 4230 Hydraulics lift issue

I should have mentioned that when we have the likes of the topper on with both the draft control and auxiliary spool levers pulled up together although it doesnt lift fully if i go outside the tractor i can lift the topper up with the one hand and the tractor does hold it up fully for a short period of time. Does that mean anything to you? Is the pump working? Attached is a photo of the two levers that i am using in the case. I just want to clarify that the one at the back is the auxiliary spool lever?

Think the first thing to test would be the hydraulic pressure,you would need to put gauge into the spool valve,I take it they raise right to the top without any weight on arms? How's the steering,PTO do they work ok?.

Lee
    This one is ringing bells, I'm pretty sure you've posted this on a Facebook IH page ?
    I think I probably told you in there to have your 4230 pressure & flow tested, that advice remains the same.
    Find a local independent who has a flow meter, get it done & come back with the results please.
    1- what's the max flow out of number 1 remote valve at 50 degrees c minimum.
    2- what's the maximum pressure.

Once you have these I can help you further. You can't go diving into other valves without these tests first.