Thread: Classic allsorts!

Classic allsorts!

Heres a heads up for anyone who fancys an auction of someone's collection of nostalgia

On instruction of the Attorney for John ‘Digby’ Lovell
    LORDS FARM, SHEET, PETERSFIELD, GU32 2AT

AUCTION
    SATURDAY 15th JUNE 2019
    Live on site and online
    ARTEFACTS OF EVERY DESCRIPTION
    VINTAGE & CLASSIC TRACTORS
    STATIONARY ENGINES
    FARM IMPLEMENTS & MACHINERY
    WORKSHOP TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
    AGRICULTURAL & DOMESTIC BYGONES
    CAST IRON IMPLEMENT SEATS
    PETROL CANS, CHURNS, ENAMEL SIGNS
    TOYS & MODELS

https://tsauction.co.uk/auction/vint...-of-artefacts/

Run by Thimbleby & Shoreland, the link above will open with two links to "online catalogues for ring 1" and another for ring 2, these will take you to Bidspotters online listing for the two auctions, if like the other sales you should be able to use the link to get back in after the sale to see what lots made
    Last edited by Footsfitter; 09-06-19 at 11:37 PM.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Re: Classic allsorts!

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Heres a heads up for anyone who fancys an auction of someone's collection of nostalgia

https://www.protecdirect.co.uk/media...uct-659026.jpg

Run by Thimbleby & Shoreland, the link above will open with two links to "online catalogues for ring 1" and another for ring 2, these will take you to Bidspotters online listing for the two auctions, if like the other sales you should be able to use the link to get back in after the sale to see what lots made
    Link opens a picture of a pair of rubber gloves.
    Although there is a link in the quote that takes you to the sale details.

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Link opens a picture of a pair of rubber gloves.
    Although there is a link in the quote that takes you to the sale details.
    Ha! good job it was only gloves! Should of checked what was on the clipboard- just pasted something from another board!!

Put it right now, thanks for pointing it out.

Good gloves though, especially for Air-con and in the parts washer!

Ha! good job it was only gloves! Should of checked what was on the clipboard- just pasted something from another board!!

Put it right now, thanks for pointing it out.

Good gloves though, especially for Air-con and in the parts washer!
    One of the picture has three trailed implements with pot shafts. What are these? One looks a bit like a vibrating subsoiler, a bit like a shaker actor. Am I right, does anyone know.
    Wish I could be at the auction!!!
    jack caley.
    should be pto shafts, spellcheckers grrr!
    Last edited by Jack_Caley; 14-06-19 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

They look like winches to me Jack. Never been involved with on-line auctions so excuse my ignorance but can I watch the results on-line as they happen ? EDIT. Sorry, just read that I can so will explore how. Only want to view - not bid. EDIT2 ! Do I have to actually register to watch the auction or at least see the bids ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    They look like winches to me Jack. Never been involved with on-line auctions so excuse my ignorance but can I watch the results on-line as they happen ? EDIT. Sorry, just read that I can so will explore how. Only want to view - not bid. EDIT2 ! Do I have to actually register to watch the auction or at least see the bids ?
    Hi Zaza, I'm hoping that it will be like the other system Thimbleby & Shoreland have used where if you use those original links above it they wil take you back to the lots after they are sold. Usually they put up a new link when the auction closes that directs you elsewhere, in the past the original link still works

Hello FF. Missed the auction unfortunately due to other things cropping up. Shame that the auctioneers choose to not publish the results.

Hello FF. Missed the auction unfortunately due to other things cropping up. Shame that the auctioneers choose to not publish the results.

I wondered if this lot they used would be a lax as that earlier sale a while back where you could still see the results.

I wondered if this lot they used would be a lax as that earlier sale a while back where you could still see the results.
    I have noticed on i-Bidder that some auction houses don't publish results. I suppose if they've been giving stuff away it doesn't do them any good to publicise the fact !

I have noticed on i-Bidder that some auction houses don't publish results. I suppose if they've been giving stuff away it doesn't do them any good to publicise the fact !
    I suppose you maybe have a point! I have just returned on the ferry from Zeebrugge. There were a couple of Vincent motorbikes on it, amongst a hundred other makes. I asked the owners what they were worth, they would not say, only just ,too much!
    By coincidence Tennants auctioneers published their results on Saturday morning. A Vincent black Shadow sold for £48000 about a fortnight ago!
    So you can publish success!
    jack caley

The only Vincent motorbike that I ever encountered was a Vincent "Thousand" I think it was called. Was it a 4 pot ? It was a damn big bike compared to my Fanny B.