Thread: Parliament shower!

Parliament shower!

Being retired and useless now, I have too much time to watch television!
    Have been watching today's affairs including the parliamentary debate this afternoon on a labour motion to stop no deal.
    It has made me feel ill watching all the egotistical debate , saying nothing, and achieving nothing.
    All I can say is that if there were more people with time to waste watching a load of idiots going against the democratic vote of the people, which parliament agreed to support, Farage and the Brexit party would win an election hands down!
    jack caley

Scotland, land of the free home of the brave

Re: Parliament shower!

Just to answer your points Jack.
    Number one you are not useless. Age brings with it wisdom and only fools ignore this fact.
    As for the rest you are correct all these clowns are about as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking party.
    All have never worked, never experienced the real world and firmly believe they know best.
    Where is Guy Fawkes when you need him!

Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    Just to answer your points Jack.
    Number one you are not useless. Hope I can bracket myself in with the "oldie-but goodie" brigade. Age brings with it wisdom and only fools ignore this fact.
    As for the rest you are correct all these clowns are about as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking party.
    All have never worked, never experienced the real world and firmly believe they know best.
    Where is Guy Fawkes when you need him!
    May I just brings things into prospective a bit more Lalans ? While my initial reaction is to agree with you wholeheartedly, when I think about it more I have to admit, albeit reluctantly, that some of them aren't totally useless. My own M.P. is a barrister, and, when I met him over a particular personal issue I was impressed with the homework that he had done on the details that I had sent prior to our meeting. You rarely see him in the chamber, although he is what might be described as a junior Cabinet Minister, and there was a time when he held a very senior position relevant to his profession but relinquished it for some strange reason. But I am also convinced that he has decided that an M.P's life is not for him and personally I think he won't be standing again.

But of course there are hundreds who are only there because they think, misguidledly, that they can change the World when in actuality they couldn't run the proverbial in a brewery. But there are the perks and expenses as well as the salary. Plus the fact that some people worship the ground they walk on irrespective of their inability. There are no qualifications to become an M.P. For some it is my firm belief that it is one big ego trip and we, Joe Public, have to suffer the consequences. I have watched a bit of the Commons pantomine recently on YouTube, some are asleep, some are playing with iPads and 'phones, some have just a vacant look on their faces as if they haven't got a clue as to why they are there.

I personally think that Theresa May is a decent human being. But she isn't P.M. material, never was. She adopts a series of facial expressions if she gets lost for words or starts to talk rubbish. It's as plain as a pikestaff. And she did it often. While I'm not promoting him just study Farage. He comes over as being dominant and knowing his subject, witness the way he handled Andrew Marr a couple of weeks back.

That all said, there are fully 75% of them I wouldn't pay in rusty washers. And don't even mention the upper Chamber.
    Last edited by zaza; 15-06-19 at 09:10 PM.

Scotland, land of the free home of the brave

We aren't going to get much of an argument here Zaza as I fully agree with you.
    There are a few good politicians but they mostly get disillusioned and retire to do something else.