Thread: Hsbc

Hsbc

Anybody left Hsbc business banking to go elsewhere- recommendations please?, letter this morning- prices going up again, 8 just to talk to a real person on the end of a phone!.

Re: Hsbc

I've been with the Co-operative Bank for 9 or 10yrs now, as I'm a member of the FSB I get paid 50/yr for my custom, but the same account is available to anyone for 5/month.

Actually had my first problem with them a few weeks ago, I got charged for stopping a cheque, except that I hadn't! Turned out it was some anomaly in the system triggered by the other person's bank, but when I rang I got a pretty poor customer assistance operative who faffed about for a while and couldn't find out what had happened, much to my displeasure. Anyway, I got a phone call from them next morning explaining what had happened and apologising both for the initial mistake and poor service afterwards, charges were refunded along with a 20 credit to my account as a token of goodwill!

Can't ask for much better than that.

Can't fault NatWest with account charge usually under 10/month and often only 5.
    Since all their branches are now about 200 miles away the odd cheque still received can go in at the PO.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Can't fault NatWest with account charge usually under 10/month and often only 5.
    Since all their branches are now about 200 miles away the odd cheque still received can go in at the PO.
    I really think they ought to develop the post offices more, maybe as some sort of sub branch of banks. Post offices are more and more challenged, letters etc are becoming more rare, especially because of the internet.
    I did have a post office account for my pension but the pensions people wanted to close so I now use the high street bank.
    Inevitably, like the high street, the internet is changing everything. At one time, in the past, I would be paying checques in to the at least once a week, now we get the money electronically. That's a lot of stamps!
    jack caley

They all piss in the same pot !
    Natwest been OK with us. Lot depends on your local agric manager.