Thread: Dock Sprayer Technology

Cool Dock Sprayer Technology

Hello all
    As part of my MSc Research project, I have developed a “See & Spray” system that targets grassland weeds, in particular Docks. It automatically detects each weed and sprays only the weed, not the surrounding grass. Trials have shown that it is very accurate with productive work-rates. The prototype works well and a larger sprayer is being built for further testing next spring.

I would like to further develop this system so as to offer the benefits to as many farmers as possible. To better serve farmer’s needs, who better to ask than you, the farmers?!
    It therefore would be much appreciated if you could take a very short (8 question) survey in the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LZNS3TQ

For those who are interested in the system, there is a section to submit an email address and, I will keep you updated as to development, demos and supply of the sprayer.
    All and any advice is much appreciated.

Thankyou for your time
    Colin

Re: Dock Sprayer Technology

Quote Originally Posted by agtechgeek View Post
    Hello all
    As part of my MSc Research project, I have developed a “See & Spray” system that targets grassland weeds, in particular Docks. It automatically detects each weed and sprays only the weed, not the surrounding grass. Trials have shown that it is very accurate with productive work-rates. The prototype works well and a larger sprayer is being built for further testing next spring.

I would like to further develop this system so as to offer the benefits to as many farmers as possible. To better serve farmer’s needs, who better to ask than you, the farmers?!
    It therefore would be much appreciated if you could take a very short (8 question) survey in the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LZNS3TQ

For those who are interested in the system, there is a section to submit an email address and, I will keep you updated as to development, demos and supply of the sprayer.
    All and any advice is much appreciated.

Thankyou for your time
    Colin

Whilst I appreciate you are in the prototype stage, and perhaps don't want to publish too much - some more information would be beneficial and perhaps give a better uptake for the survey ?

Is it tractor mounted, drone based or an autonomous robot ?

ETC

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Whilst I appreciate you are in the prototype stage, and perhaps don't want to publish too much - some more information would be beneficial and perhaps give a better uptake for the survey ?

Is it tractor mounted, drone based or an autonomous robot ?

ETC
    offering a "lottery" for an on-site demonstration might get more uptake also, as well as asking for "beta" testers (final testing before going into production) from survey participants

Thanks to the advice in this thread and to those that have taken the survey

Survey link is still live, the more the merrier!

Thanks again