Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 88

Thread: Boris

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Boris

    How about Boris then?
    He really is making changes.
    in favour of GM for one thing. Got a battle on there, amongst other battles.
    one thing I wish he would do is challenge the threat of tariffs on Welsh lamb. He needs to threaten the import of pigmeat, since the eu destroyed half our pig industry. The local Cranswick sausage factory imports 42 per cent of its pigmeat. Minette Batters is probably right to protect Welsh sheep farmers, but she should protect pig farmers as well, then maybe we could get half our old pig herd back again.
    jack caley

  2. #2
    Senior Member LALANS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland, land of the free home of the brave
    Posts
    429

    Re: Boris

    So far its all been talk. I hope he does all he says.
    I am however rather tired of all the doom mongers and media who wish to scupper his government before he has got started.
    I was impressed by his oratory in front of no 10 on his appointment. Perhaps the noise from the left is their terror that there is someone in power who will stand up to them and defeat them?
    Old lego head Nicola Turgid will be found out now I hope.
    I notice none of the nae sayers wish to have a vote of confidence in the Boris Gov. Clearly their advisors think they will be defeated.
    I also think Europe is s****ing themselves but again political aims will always trump economic sense for those clowns.
    Anyway KBO as Churchill said

  3. #3
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,695

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    So far its all been talk. I hope he does all he says.
    I am however rather tired of all the doom mongers and media who wish to scupper his government before he has got started.
    I was impressed by his oratory in front of no 10 on his appointment. Perhaps the noise from the left is their terror that there is someone in power who will stand up to them and defeat them?
    Old lego head Nicola Turgid will be found out now I hope.
    I notice none of the nae sayers wish to have a vote of confidence in the Boris Gov. Clearly their advisors think they will be defeated.
    I also think Europe is s****ing themselves but again political aims will always trump economic sense for those clowns.
    Anyway KBO as Churchill said


    Saw this way back, might appeal to you Lalans?

    Sturgeon.jpg
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northumbrialand
    Posts
    1,441

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    So far its all been talk. I hope he does all he says.
    I am however rather tired of all the doom mongers and media who wish to scupper his government before he has got started.
    I was impressed by his oratory in front of no 10 on his appointment. Perhaps the noise from the left is their terror that there is someone in power who will stand up to them and defeat them?
    Old lego head Nicola Turgid will be found out now I hope.
    I notice none of the nae sayers wish to have a vote of confidence in the Boris Gov. Clearly their advisors think they will be defeated.
    I also think Europe is s****ing themselves but again political aims will always trump economic sense for those clowns.
    Anyway KBO as Churchill said
    Pretty well Ditto.....
    The Speech.....well it amounted to Poli-Bribes didnít it?
    Interesting to see him on the news last doing the walk about.....constantly putting his hand up to ruffle and untidy his hair...all part of the image?
    But for once we have a Gung Ho Prime Minister....who probably cannot be predicted.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    So far its all been talk. I hope he does all he says.
    I am however rather tired of all the doom mongers and media who wish to scupper his government before he has got started.
    I was impressed by his oratory in front of no 10 on his appointment. Perhaps the noise from the left is their terror that there is someone in power who will stand up to them and defeat them?
    Old lego head Nicola Turgid will be found out now I hope.
    I notice none of the nae sayers wish to have a vote of confidence in the Boris Gov. Clearly their advisors think they will be defeated.
    I also think Europe is s****ing themselves but again political aims will always trump economic sense for those clowns.
    Anyway KBO as Churchill said
    The ironic thing about Nicola, is, if she gets her wish we will have a hard border in the Scottish border. Will that mean the return of marriages at Gretna Green?
    jack caley
    ps I think Boris is only doing what Teresa should have done, that is hard balling. The only way to treat a bully, is to to be a bigger bully.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bury St Edmunds
    Posts
    997

    Re: Boris

    He can bluster and promise as much as he likes, but he still has exactly the same issues as TM did, no majority in the house.
    The only way he can change that, is to call an election, but he dare not do that as he knows he could easily be crucified, with a 4 way split out there.
    They could easily lose 50 seats to the Brexit party, libs could gain 50.
    the big unknown could be if Labour do a coup, Corbyn is seen as an old buffer and totally unelectable.
    Mcdonnell is every bit as left wing but he would pull together a lot of their traditional support, who will never vote for an Etonian Toff who has never done a hard days work

    So he will carry on regardless losing vote after vote to what end?
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northumbrialand
    Posts
    1,441

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    He can bluster and promise as much as he likes, but he still has exactly the same issues as TM did, no majority in the house.
    The only way he can change that, is to call an election, but he dare not do that as he knows he could easily be crucified, with a 4 way split out there.
    They could easily lose 50 seats to the Brexit party, libs could gain 50.
    the big unknown could be if Labour do a coup, Corbyn is seen as an old buffer and totally unelectable.
    Mcdonnell is every bit as left wing but he would pull together a lot of their traditional support, who will never vote for an Etonian Toff who has never done a hard days work

    So he will carry on regardless losing vote after vote to what end?
    Pretty well ditto again!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    He can bluster and promise as much as he likes, but he still has exactly the same issues as TM did, no majority in the house.
    The only way he can change that, is to call an election, but he dare not do that as he knows he could easily be crucified, with a 4 way split out there.
    They could easily lose 50 seats to the Brexit party, libs could gain 50.
    the big unknown could be if Labour do a coup, Corbyn is seen as an old buffer and totally unelectable.
    Mcdonnell is every bit as left wing but he would pull together a lot of their traditional support, who will never vote for an Etonian Toff who has never done a hard days work

    So he will carry on regardless losing vote after vote to what end?
    Maybe, that is his intention to call an election with a pact with Farage, would give him a majority.
    jack caley

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bury St Edmunds
    Posts
    997

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    Maybe, that is his intention to call an election with a pact with Farage, would give him a majority.
    jack caley
    if he did a pact with Farage it would cause a meltdown in the party. Farage would want to put his candidates in and I cannot see many MPs happily giving up their seat!
    further it would totally guarantee that the near 50% of the traditional conservative voter who are not in favour of either Brexit or Farage, would go elsewhere.
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,614

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    if he did a pact with Farage it would cause a meltdown in the party. Farage would want to put his candidates in and I cannot see many MPs happily giving up their seat!
    further it would totally guarantee that the near 50% of the traditional conservative voter who are not in favour of either Brexit or Farage, would go elsewhere.
    That is an interesting supposition and while I am not disagreeing with it in principal I wonder if you are correct in your "near 50%" comment. I live in what is considered to be an affluent area (with the exception of yours truly of course ) and it has been a Tory constituency for as long as I can remember and yet it voted overwhelmingly to leave the EU.

    I think, and this is admittedly a generalisation, that the "Leave" category is, in the main, made up of people who were around before we even joined the Common Market. The "youngsters" (my children etc.) think that we are safer in the EU because we can trade easily, we can help each country with cross border legal issues, laws, etc. etc. And they also think that if an incident such as Iran seizing one of our tankers escalates into armed conflict that all other Member States would rush to our aid and stand alongside the U.K.

    I remain to be convinced of that. And anyway, there are far too many laggards who have got into the salary/pension system of the EU beaurocracy, including some from the U.K. who for selfish reasons don't want to give up their positions. Boris has got a fight on his hands but I think he is being very cunning.

  11. #11
    Senior Member LALANS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland, land of the free home of the brave
    Posts
    429

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Saw this way back, might appeal to you Lalans?

    Sturgeon.jpg
    Love it unfortunately or perhaps fortunately there is also a very bad smell associated with her hot air. A real laugh is to research the bints employment history, she isn't just mediocre she is downright useless. I believe she had 3 probabtions at various law firms plus one maternity cover and at the end of them all the firms gave a catagoric FO you useless besum.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    88

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    He can bluster and promise as much as he likes, but he still has exactly the same issues as TM did, no majority in the house.
    The only way he can change that, is to call an election, but he dare not do that as he knows he could easily be crucified, with a 4 way split out there.
    They could easily lose 50 seats to the Brexit party, libs could gain 50.
    the big unknown could be if Labour do a coup, Corbyn is seen as an old buffer and totally unelectable.
    Mcdonnell is every bit as left wing but he would pull together a lot of their traditional support, who will never vote for an Etonian Toff who has never done a hard days work

    So he will carry on regardless losing vote after vote to what end?
    Its all bluster and promise, when he starts to deliver all that he says I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong until then just don't buy it.
    We have had many years without a penny to our name now all of a sudden money is being promised left right and centre, where is coming from?
    They are going to allocate shed loads to a Brexit no deal fund, was that part of the promised savings from not being in the EU?
    If he spends all he says we are going to be left with a devalued currency and inflation that gets out of control with government bond not worth the paper they are written on, its easy to promise far harder to actually deliver.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by BigAndy View Post
    Its all bluster and promise, when he starts to deliver all that he says I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong until then just don't buy it.
    We have had many years without a penny to our name now all of a sudden money is being promised left right and centre, where is coming from?
    They are going to allocate shed loads to a Brexit no deal fund, was that part of the promised savings from not being in the EU?
    If he spends all he says we are going to be left with a devalued currency and inflation that gets out of control with government bond not worth the paper they are written on, its easy to promise far harder to actually deliver.
    To be honest I will agree with you on a lot of the bluster and promises. However I really cannot see all that happening under Conservatives, they have always been better managers of the economy. He has however, to cater for all the wild promises that Corbyn makes.
    The real issue, though, Brexit, needs bluff and bluster that he must keep to. Brussels has to realise he means business, and no deal will hurt them far more than us. He spent a good deal of time in Brussels, he knows how they work, and knows just how much they need our money, and just how corrupt they are.
    Parliament voted article 50 and for Brexit in their manifestos, the conservatives have a real dilemma, especially the likes of Hammond and Grieves, especially Grieves who is deselected from his gravy train.
    jack caley

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bury St Edmunds
    Posts
    997

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    To be honest I will agree with you on a lot of the bluster and promises. However I really cannot see all that happening under Conservatives, they have always been better managers of the economy. He has however, to cater for all the wild promises that Corbyn makes.
    The real issue, though, Brexit, needs bluff and bluster that he must keep to. Brussels has to realise he means business, and no deal will hurt them far more than us. He spent a good deal of time in Brussels, he knows how they work, and knows just how much they need our money, and just how corrupt they are.
    Parliament voted article 50 and for Brexit in their manifestos, the conservatives have a real dilemma, especially the likes of Hammond and Grieves, especially Grieves who is deselected from his gravy train.
    jack caley
    I beg to differ Jack. The Conservatives real dilemma is that for 2 centuries they have put themselves forward as the party that is for business, economic prudence and leading the country in a direction of greater prosperity.
    Instead they have been sidelined by ideologues who are hell bent on returning the country to some sort of past glories, with no regard for the realities. They have no care about who gets trampled in this push and sadly the bulk of the electorate are too economically illiterate to know better.
    I was discussing with my builder yesterday, he is off to see friends in Germany at the end of the month and the radio was discussing how the pound is falling against the Euro. Thats good he said, my pound going down means I will have more Euros to spend
    Sadly he has a hard lesson waiting for him.
    Strangely he voted stay , as he spent ten years in Germany in the 90's making a fortune in his trade, one of the original boys from the Blackstuff.
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    I beg to differ Jack. The Conservatives real dilemma is that for 2 centuries they have put themselves forward as the party that is for business, economic prudence and leading the country in a direction of greater prosperity.
    Instead they have been sidelined by ideologues who are hell bent on returning the country to some sort of past glories, with no regard for the realities. They have no care about who gets trampled in this push and sadly the bulk of the electorate are too economically illiterate to know better.
    I was discussing with my builder yesterday, he is off to see friends in Germany at the end of the month and the radio was discussing how the pound is falling against the Euro. Thats good he said, my pound going down means I will have more Euros to spend
    Sadly he has a hard lesson waiting for him.
    Strangely he voted stay , as he spent ten years in Germany in the 90's making a fortune in his trade, one of the original boys from the Blackstuff.
    It is amusing how many of the public have little idea how foreign exchange works, and its effect on tourism, business and the economy. My sister in law is trying to get back British citizenship and return to finish her days here. She is very intelligent, but we had great difficulty in persuading her that a weak pound would help her to buy a house here. She thought a weak pound would make a house more expensive, instead of just the reverse.
    I have had nearly forty years of coping with foreign exchange in our machinery business, it can be quite interesting sometimes. At the moment it is affecting our machinery business to its detriment, but of course, if this devaluation carries on we get more single farm payment!
    I am not so sure about the conservatives delusions of grandeur, but I certain as to the effect that membership of the EU has had on our economy over the last forty years. The EU,s ruthless trading and protectionist policy is demonstrated in the balance of trade between us, three times as much import as export, very often due to unfair regulation as it was in pigs.
    I do agree with you that farmers are going to be worse off on leaving, especially large farmers whose payments should have been capped anyway. However on my seeing what Europe has done to Italy, Spain and Greece I think we we would be better out, in spite of the fact that Caravaggi's do become more expensive!
    jack caley

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    88

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    To be honest I will agree with you on a lot of the bluster and promises. However I really cannot see all that happening under Conservatives, they have always been better managers of the economy. He has however, to cater for all the wild promises that Corbyn makes.
    The real issue, though, Brexit, needs bluff and bluster that he must keep to. Brussels has to realise he means business, and no deal will hurt them far more than us. He spent a good deal of time in Brussels, he knows how they work, and knows just how much they need our money, and just how corrupt they are.
    Parliament voted article 50 and for Brexit in their manifestos, the conservatives have a real dilemma, especially the likes of Hammond and Grieves, especially Grieves who is deselected from his gravy train.
    jack caley
    The conservative party are totally split with the only point of focus being that they want out of the EU. Every economic forecast says that as things stand we will be worse out of the EU. The fact that the EU will be worse off as well is of little consequence at this point in time its like all being in the shit but glad that your not at the bottom of the pit.

    Farming will be the give away free card in any deals to be done if there actually are any, the much vaunted Trump deal will only benefit one side that is why he is keen on interfering with Brexit, he know out of the EU we will be totally desperate and he will screw us over. I just fail to see any benefit at all to throwing away 40 years of trade with the EU for a promise on the never never of better things to be had. Its all about political manoeuvrings within the conservatives, sack the economic consequences for the country. Its easy to say that Europe are bullies, what have they said that they didn't say at the very outset of things?

    Its obvious to anyone that any deal is not going to be as good as being a club member, why should it be? You cant say right I don't want to be a member of this golf club anymore but I still want to play a round as and when I want to, use the gym, the driving range, the bar and other facilities but not going to pay my membership. But its ok as the club will be worse off as I wont spend my money buying equipment from the shop the bar and other stuff.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by BigAndy View Post
    The conservative party are totally split with the only point of focus being that they want out of the EU. Every economic forecast says that as things stand we will be worse out of the EU. The fact that the EU will be worse off as well is of little consequence at this point in time its like all being in the shit but glad that your not at the bottom of the pit.

    Farming will be the give away free card in any deals to be done if there actually are any, the much vaunted Trump deal will only benefit one side that is why he is keen on interfering with Brexit, he know out of the EU we will be totally desperate and he will screw us over. I just fail to see any benefit at all to throwing away 40 years of trade with the EU for a promise on the never never of better things to be had. Its all about political manoeuvrings within the conservatives, sack the economic consequences for the country. Its easy to say that Europe are bullies, what have they said that they didn't say at the very outset of things?

    Its obvious to anyone that any deal is not going to be as good as being a club member, why should it be? You cant say right I don't want to be a member of this golf club anymore but I still want to play a round as and when I want to, use the gym, the driving range, the bar and other facilities but not going to pay my membership. But its ok as the club will be worse off as I wont spend my money buying equipment from the shop the bar and other stuff.
    I would say that membership of the eu has actually destroyed a lot of our economy, the balance of trade figures prove that. On top of that is the £6 or £9 billion we pay the fat cats of Brussels, not a small sum for every single person in Britain.
    jack caley

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bury St Edmunds
    Posts
    997

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    I would say that membership of the eu has actually destroyed a lot of our economy, the balance of trade figures prove that. On top of that is the £6 or £9 billion we pay the fat cats of Brussels, not a small sum for every single person in Britain.
    jack caley
    Jack , our industrial economy was destroyed by both Unions and Management refusing to move on to the future. All our industry was stuck in the 1950's I'm alright Jack syndrome until a certain Mrs T came along and removed the vast subsidies keeping the old dinosaurs alive.
    The country has moved on vastly and most people are far wealthier as a result, there are pockets which have never recovered and like the American rust belt dreams of a future return.
    Unlike the American rust belt though, Our very generous benefits system means many people still have not moved on, whereas there all that is left is a few dreamers, here we have towns where sadly we are seeing generation after generation still sitting idle while, in other parts of the country we are employing millions of migrants to do the work these people should be doing
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,614

    Re: Boris

    One of the principal problems we are seeing with leaving the EU is that anyone less that 46 years old has never experienced life outside of it. That is if they were born in 1973 or later. But let's say that anyone who was 10 years old in 1973 wouldn't really have been old enough to have experienced the U.K. standing alone either and so, in my view, anyone less than 56 years old hasn't experienced life outside the EU.

    And of course we didn't join the EU, we joined the European Economic Community which was sold to the U.K. as the Common Market. This was after several years of objections by President Charles de Gaulle of France. There was an agreement that there should be a referendum later on to see if we should remain inside the EEC. This was in 1975 and 67.2% of voters said that they wanted to remain.

    We were cognisant in those days that people from Europe, the Commonwealth and the USA had joined forces (literally) to defeat the nazi regime. We had experienced the help and sacrifice of others to preserve our way of life. It was a natural instinct to think there was safety in numbers.

    The problem is that the EU has grown into the beurocratic nightmare that we see now and the majority of the voting population of this country are either afraid or unwilling to stand on their own two feet again. The recent referendum was a narrow result and it will only get narrower as the population ages.

    And something else while I am in rant mode. I have watched the Mogg and Boris recently on YouTube in Parliament. What on Earth are their fellow MPs playing at fiddling with their mobile 'phones when someone is speaking. They shouldn't be allowed in the House. Can't they resist social media just while they're in there ?

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    88

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    One of the principal problems we are seeing with leaving the EU is that anyone less that 46 years old has never experienced life outside of it. That is if they were born in 1973 or later. But let's say that anyone who was 10 years old in 1973 wouldn't really have been old enough to have experienced the U.K. standing alone either and so, in my view, anyone less than 56 years old hasn't experienced life outside the EU.

    And of course we didn't join the EU, we joined the European Economic Community which was sold to the U.K. as the Common Market. This was after several years of objections by President Charles de Gaulle of France. There was an agreement that there should be a referendum later on to see if we should remain inside the EEC. This was in 1975 and 67.2% of voters said that they wanted to remain.

    We were cognisant in those days that people from Europe, the Commonwealth and the USA had joined forces (literally) to defeat the nazi regime. We had experienced the help and sacrifice of others to preserve our way of life. It was a natural instinct to think there was safety in numbers.

    The problem is that the EU has grown into the beurocratic nightmare that we see now and the majority of the voting population of this country are either afraid or unwilling to stand on their own two feet again. The recent referendum was a narrow result and it will only get narrower as the population ages.

    And something else while I am in rant mode. I have watched the Mogg and Boris recently on YouTube in Parliament. What on Earth are their fellow MPs playing at fiddling with their mobile 'phones when someone is speaking. They shouldn't be allowed in the House. Can't they resist social media just while they're in there ?
    You see the problem with a lot of what you have to say is that we are not afraid to stand on our own 2 feet its just that we think thigs will be more stable and beneficial if we have a bit of support. Yes the EU is in need of reform, so is parliament but I do not see the glorious utopia that awaits us from the various mooted trade deals. Alone what do we have to negotiate with? As I said food will be the free give away as long as we can get service sector things to them. More power to the bankers, lawyers and other unnecessary jobs of this world.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    903

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    One of the principal problems we are seeing with leaving the EU is that anyone less that 46 years old has never experienced life outside of it. That is if they were born in 1973 or later. But let's say that anyone who was 10 years old in 1973 wouldn't really have been old enough to have experienced the U.K. standing alone either and so, in my view, anyone less than 56 years old hasn't experienced life outside the EU.
    That's just about the most patronising thing I've seen written on here

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    That's just about the most patronising thing I've seen written on here
    Maybe patronising, but is it true?
    jack caley

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,614

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    That's just about the most patronising thing I've seen written on here
    And so who are you accusing me of implying that they were either stupid or not important ? I was delivering facts. Deal with it !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zaza; 22-08-19 at 06:29 AM.

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bury St Edmunds
    Posts
    997

    Re: Boris

    while people moan that the EU is not the EU we joined we should recognise that the biggest driver of change has been the UK since we entered. the biggest driver of course was Maggie Thatcher and her determination to enable thew access of the former Russian slave states.
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

  25. #25
    Senior Member LALANS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland, land of the free home of the brave
    Posts
    429

    Re: Boris

    I'm actually warming to BJ.
    I've started judging politicians via the following 'would I like to go for a pint with them' BJ is the only one amongst the current lot who I think would be fairly entertaining and who would stand their round.
    The rest are either boring farts, vegans or don't drink.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    I'm actually warming to BJ.
    I've started judging politicians via the following 'would I like to go for a pint with them' BJ is the only one amongst the current lot who I think would be fairly entertaining and who would stand their round.
    The rest are either boring farts, vegans or don't drink.
    I think I could I could have a pint with Farage if he paid!
    jack caley

  27. #27
    Senior Member LALANS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland, land of the free home of the brave
    Posts
    429

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    I think I could I could have a pint with Farage if he paid!
    jack caley
    I'm up for that Jack if you get Farage I'll try and get Boris.
    If I bring a fiver will that be enough?
    Suggest a venue.

  28. #28
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,695

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    I'm up for that Jack if you get Farage I'll try and get Boris.
    If I bring a fiver will that be enough?
    Suggest a venue.
    A Labour club?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

  29. #29
    Senior Member LALANS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Scotland, land of the free home of the brave
    Posts
    429

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    A Labour club?
    Love it
    Old Lego head the gift that just keeps giving.
    Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him most?

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    945

    Re: Boris

    Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    I'm up for that Jack if you get Farage I'll try and get Boris.
    If I bring a fiver will that be enough?
    Suggest a venue.
    Better be somewhere on the hard border with Scotland.
    Would there be duty free whisky?
    jack caley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •