Thread: Wild life!

Wild life!

We have a large pond/lake still with water in it.
    we do get a great variation of wild life here, I put a lot of it down to the water and trees we have here. All the field margins in the world do not bring the same result. As a drainage officer, I filled in many ponds, big mistake!
    jack caley.

Re: Wild life!

All too true
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

very true Jack, we put a reservoir into the corner of an otherwise barren field and the change and number of new species was staggering. Draining of all those old ponds did no favours or ploughing up all the water meadows, growing corn now instead of cows grazing and the flock of insects following on behind
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    very true Jack, we put a reservoir into the corner of an otherwise barren field and the change and number of new species was staggering. Draining of all those old ponds did no favours or ploughing up all the water meadows, growing corn now instead of cows grazing and the flock of insects following on behind
    There was a pond on the farm I was born. I still smile with the memory of it. Father had a shire horse called Dina, and a chap called George who took Dina at the end of the day to wash her feet in the pond. George was riding Dina, straight in to the pond. Dina decided she wanted more than her feet washing, and laid down in the pond. George was not happy to be soaking wet through!
    jack caley