Thread: Is the lift and back axle on a 7740 SL the same as on the 8240 SLE

Is the lift and back axle on a 7740 SL the same as on the 8240 SLE

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help?
    I have a 7740 SL tractor - there is no 1000 rev PTO
    I also have an 8240 SLE. Is the lift and back axle the same on both tractors?
    Can I switch them around?

Re: Is the lift and back axle on a 7740 SL the same as on the 8240 SLE

I am no expert the SLE on the bigger tractors had quite a lot of different features to the SL. The later I think would be top link sensing and a gear pump. Our SLE 8340 has lower link sensing and a piston pump.

As stated if you have electronic lower link sensing that the same but bigger machine has heavy duty r/axle,better brakes and heavy duty lift linkage so load capacity is 1360kg more than the 7740, and also has one got the ccls or piston pump, but why do you want to change parts.

Original tyre sizes front,4 w/d front 14.9 R 24, rear 16.9 R 38. it's normal for the front tyres to wear on the outside first due to turning circle and camber angle if you alter front or rear tyre sizes as stated you will get front axle wind up ok if you never drive on the road or hard surfaces but remember just because you do not manually engage 4/w/d on the road every time locked brake pedals are used 4/w/d drive engages automatically, front axle slip ratio must be between 1-5% faster than the rear it cannot be changed very easily that's why its important to keep original size tyres unless you are changing all four.