Thread: Replacement Hydraulic Rams

Replacement Hydraulic Rams

Hi,

The hydraulic rams on my David Brown 1390 loader are starting to leak a fair bit, I had them resealed about 8 years ago but was warned they were not in the best of condition. So looking to replace them and also thinking of going double acting.

Googling around there seems to be quite a few suppliers - Ramko, Flowfit, Steerforth to name a few. Just wondered if anyone had experience of any of them - or others and any recommendations.

Thanks

Alchad

Re: Replacement Hydraulic Rams

Quote Originally Posted by alchad View Post
    Hi,

The hydraulic rams on my David Brown 1390 loader are starting to leak a fair bit, I had them resealed about 8 years ago but was warned they were not in the best of condition. So looking to replace them and also thinking of going double acting.

Googling around there seems to be quite a few suppliers - Ramko, Flowfit, Steerforth to name a few. Just wondered if anyone had experience of any of them - or others and any recommendations.

Thanks

Alchad
    Had short twin single acting rams for a dump trailer from Ramco- very good service.

Had a hydraulic top link from Flowfit, very good all round except a bit longer delivery than was expected due to issues where it was made - (Italy IIRC) Otherwise all ok

Steerforth- I think may of and may still produce rams for Batemans- I stand to be corrected if wrong but we have also had a few bits from them direct a way back- all ok

There are a lot suppliers where they draw on a stock of common parts tailoring the cut length of tubes & rods which are combined with stock caps & seals so you can make up what ever you want (within reason!)
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......