Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Election Result Predictions?

Re: Election Result Predictions?

Thanks Jack, that sounds just up my street. I'll put a search on eBay.

Yesterday, I had an angiogram, first one I have had. Over 50 years I have had many, many visits to hospitals, and seen the great developments in medicine, but yesterday was really a revelation. Wonderful technology, at huge cost, with even more wonderful people caring for me, all free under NHS.
    The point of all this, is that it makes me sick that the NHS is being used as a political football by childish, petulant politicians. Just how much has been spent at that one hospital alone over the years, by both parties, I can only imagine.
    I do wish they would stop using such people as a political football.
    jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    Yesterday, I had an angiogram, first one I have had. Over 50 years I have had many, many visits to hospitals, and seen the great developments in medicine, but yesterday was really a revelation. Wonderful technology, at huge cost, with even more wonderful people caring for me, all free under NHS.
    The point of all this, is that it makes me sick that the NHS is being used as a political football by childish, petulant politicians. Just how much has been spent at that one hospital alone over the years, by both parties, I can only imagine.
    I do wish they would stop using such people as a political football.
    jack caley

The shame is that the NHS ( which I certainly owe my life to ) can and do wonderful things, but in other ways are stuck in the dark ages. They have far too many people who are so firmly stuck in their beliefs and will not change them whatever. Public servants seem to have this attitude that the path they are following is right even with incontrovertible evidence all is not well. Just as the fire chief in London giving evidence on the Grenfell enquiry that she would not have changed the orders at all, which caused the death of so many, so we have health service professionals daily, causing needless grief and death to so many patients.
    The treatment close members of my family recently experienced, was a shocking disgrace and nearly cost the life of a very healthy baby. To have treated farm animals in such a way would have rightly put you at risk of prosecution, I very much doubt that any one had a mild reprimand, I know a year later a baby died at the same hospital died in the same circumstances. Make no mistake this was nothing to do with cut backs, lack of money, or such. This was just an attitude that the professionals know best when I am certain any granny or stockman would never make such simplistic mistakes.

on a totally different subject Jack, Great to see your sons Facebook posting of his latest delivery to Wales!
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

I like the post above. All too often today we come across people employed in the Puiblic Sector, be they Planning Department people, NHS Managers, Highways people, County and District Councillors, etc. etc. who think they are so superior to others. It's a "I know best" attitude, "I know my job and you are inferior" type of thing. "Don't dare to question my modus operandi" I'm not saying they are all tarred with the same brush but, like the rest of life, give someone a bit of authority and very often they will abuse it.

Very sorry to hear about the experiences of members of your close family Exfarmer. I hope they are fully recovered by now.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    I like the post above. All too often today we come across people employed in the Puiblic Sector, be they Planning Department people, NHS Managers, Highways people, County and District Councillors, etc. etc. who think they are so superior to others. It's a "I know best" attitude, "I know my job and you are inferior" type of thing. "Don't dare to question my modus operandi" I'm not saying they are all tarred with the same brush but, like the rest of life, give someone a bit of authority and very often they will abuse it.

Very sorry to hear about the experiences of members of your close family Exfarmer. I hope they are fully recovered by now.
    Thankfully yes it was 5 years ago and both made a full recovery, however I was very concerned discussing this with a young friend of ours who has recently finished nursing training told me that what happened is still the standard practice.
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Always strikes me when you enter a NHS hospital how the corridors are filled with staff walking much slower than the normal carrying a bunch of papers.
    Everything slows down...
    There are parts where people do move quickly....but there seems to be a huge number who spend a good part of their time...for the want of a better word ...wandering.
    It always seems crazy that there is not a clean side and a dirty side to hospitals....
    Visitors share the same areas that are used by what would supposedly be regarded as the clean side... ludicrous that visitors footwear tramp up and down the same corridors that patient trolleys use to transport patients to theatre...you often see patients being moved when walking along the corridors as a visitor....or attending a clinic.
    Pig and Poultry farms have stricter hygiene regs.

So what’s everybody plumping for as a result?

For me....

Probably a Tory win....suspect it will be either a skin of the teeth job (much the same as before T May was deposed)

Or they will win big time......Labour will be decimated.

One clue today ..our Local polling station..(Village Hall in a pretty small community, village has five houses) The turnout this morning exceeded the entire vote all day the last time round....Sounds like a big turnout.

Perhaps I am just being hopeful......Brexit thoughts haven’t changed....just Blo Jo is the least worst of a desperate bunch.

So any other predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Always strikes me when you enter a NHS hospital how the corridors are filled with staff walking much slower than the normal carrying a bunch of papers.
    Everything slows down...
    There are parts where people do move quickly....but there seems to be a huge number who spend a good part of their time...for the want of a better word ...wandering.
    It always seems crazy that there is not a clean side and a dirty side to hospitals....
    Visitors share the same areas that are used by what would supposedly be regarded as the clean side... ludicrous that visitors footwear tramp up and down the same corridors that patient trolleys use to transport patients to theatre...you often see patients being moved when walking along the corridors as a visitor....or attending a clinic.
    Pig and Poultry farms have stricter hygiene regs.
    Know exactly what you mean. Lot of management seem to be time servers or snouts in the trough types without an origional thought between them
    Lot of them have a different definition of a hard day at work to us lesser mortals.

Someone we know started working for |NHS - "You need a work phone " Top of the range I phone appears. Work laptop, £1500s worth. So I reckon £1000 could have been saved there. Same person had to go to conference in London NHS provided tickets Return fare £250. Return was booked on 6pm train. By waiting till 6.30 train saving of circa £100 x 2 people £200
    They should have a farmer in the purchasing dept !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    So what’s everybody plumping for as a result?

For me....

Probably a Tory win....suspect it will be either a skin of the teeth job (much the same as before T May was deposed)

Or they will win big time......Labour will be decimated.

One clue today ..our Local polling station..(Village Hall in a pretty small community, village has five houses) The turnout this morning exceeded the entire vote all day the last time round....Sounds like a big turnout.

Perhaps I am just being hopeful......Brexit thoughts haven’t changed....just Blo Jo is the least worst of a desperate bunch.

So any other predictions?
    What will happen in Scotland?
    will the few remaining Conservatives go SNP?
    If so it will narrow the majority, and the Lib Dems will get some in the Westminster bubble etc.
    I have a nasty idea Boris will finish up just the same, or even Labour will form a government with the SNP,s.
    jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Know exactly what you mean. Lot of management seem to be time servers or snouts in the trough types without an origional thought between them
    Lot of them have a different definition of a hard day at work to us lesser mortals.

Someone we know started working for |NHS - "You need a work phone " Top of the range I phone appears. Work laptop, £1500s worth. So I reckon £1000 could have been saved there. Same person had to go to conference in London NHS provided tickets Return fare £250. Return was booked on 6pm train. By waiting till 6.30 train saving of circa £100 x 2 people £200
    They should have a farmer in the purchasing dept !!
    You have confirmed my argument about farmers being Market aware!
    The thing is, when it is not their own money, they do not have to consider expense.
    When I moved down in to Essex and Herts as a drainage officer, I was posted first to Chelmsford, then to Colchester, then to my intended posting at Hertford.
    We had a real barrack room lawyer, pests control officer, who knew the green book regulations inside out. We claimed maintenance and travel expenses for each separate posting. To celebrate I stood everybody a night out in a pub on the Stour, and then bought a a new A35 van when I got home on leave!
    That was public money!
    jack caley.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    What will happen in Scotland?
    will the few remaining Conservatives go SNP?
    If so it will narrow the majority, and the Lib Dems will get some in the Westminster bubble etc.
    I have a nasty idea Boris will finish up just the same, or even Labour will form a government with the SNP,s.
    jack caley
    Rumour has it the Independence bubble has burst....
    SNP may not be in for the clean sweep they would like....again it may be a matter of holding the voting nose and putting the X in an alien box.
    On a nation wide view..
    “None of the above” would win by a country mile!

Does seem to be the election where lots of folk are voting for their perceived "least worst " option

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Does seem to be the election where lots of folk are voting for their perceived "least worst " option
    Remember ABC: Anyone But Corbyn

Blo Jo having won perhaps has the biggest problem....
    How to deliver the Confetti Promises.....
    A lot of hypothetical money was spread around in pledges.
    Not a problem for Corbyn...he wakes up this morning in his usual situation. A majority of one, where he has been for all of his his political life.
    Meanwhile North of the Border Wee Nicola is digging out the Tartan Knickers and the War paint in preparation for Combat.
    DUP inherit the role of the “dumped girlfriend “ .....
    Take your seats.....

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    The shame is that the NHS ( which I certainly owe my life to ) can and do wonderful things, but in other ways are stuck in the dark ages. They have far too many people who are so firmly stuck in their beliefs and will not change them whatever. Public servants seem to have this attitude that the path they are following is right even with incontrovertible evidence all is not well. Just as the fire chief in London giving evidence on the Grenfell enquiry that she would not have changed the orders at all, which caused the death of so many, so we have health service professionals daily, causing needless grief and death to so many patients.
    The treatment close members of my family recently experienced, was a shocking disgrace and nearly cost the life of a very healthy baby. To have treated farm animals in such a way would have rightly put you at risk of prosecution, I very much doubt that any one had a mild reprimand, I know a year later a baby died at the same hospital died in the same circumstances. Make no mistake this was nothing to do with cut backs, lack of money, or such. This was just an attitude that the professionals know best when I am certain any granny or stockman would never make such simplistic mistakes.

on a totally different subject Jack, Great to see your sons Facebook posting of his latest delivery to Wales!
    It is 49 years since I fell through that asbestos roof, and entered a hospital for the first time. Over those years I have seen vast improvements in medical care, and have had good treatment in other health issues. I have also seen mistakes made, my own brother died unnecessarily through botched treatment. I suppose medical people are human and such are frail, are not we all? Especially now, in a health service designed probably for 55 million people, instead of 65 million.
    One can only hope for the best!
    On the subject of mill mixer deliveries, after the March Brexit debacle, whether it was coincidence, we do not know, but the work went quiet. However, in the last month we have made several sales. Whether it is that people have become resigned to the fact that life must go on in spite of politicians I do not know, but we are proud of the fact that the machines we sell can make a contribution.
    jack caley