Thread: New Holland 7840 SLE

New Holland 7840 SLE

Hi
    Replaced a couple of O-rings on the injection pump governor. Now I can't bleed the air from the injector lines. The tractor ran great and always started. Now I can't get it running.
    The injection pump is to be self priming. Cracked the injector lines at injectors and not getting any fuel coming threw.
    Can anyone help me out...

Re: New Holland 7840 SLE

Do you mean the o rings in the top cover on the throttle shaft that goes through the lid? Have you got fuel coming through the bleed screw on the filter head when you push the primer? Can you hear the fuel/stop solenoid click when turning the key?

There is a tap on the delivery line that can be closed when sericing. I have had the devil's own trying to bleed upto the filter on our 8340. It helps to have the tanks full as you can get assistance from gravity then. I have also pressurised the the tanks with a low pressure high volume pump to help push diesel through. Once at the filter you should find it good to go unless there is an additional leak.

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    There is a tap on the delivery line that can be closed when sericing. I have had the devil's own trying to bleed upto the filter on our 8340. It helps to have the tanks full as you can get assistance from gravity then. I have also pressurised the the tanks with a low pressure high volume pump to help push diesel through. Once at the filter you should find it good to go unless there is an additional leak.

Thanks for the response.
    I finally got fuel to the injectors. Next problem, the tractor would not start. I was really confused. I tapped on the fuel foot peddle and she finally started, but now it seems I have a problem with the governor on the injection pump. Accelerates on its own or sends to much fuel to injectors. Never had an injector pump apart before. Any idea what needs to be replaced?