Thread: Andrews G125 propane space heater.

Andrews G125 propane space heater.

My Andrews G125 propane space heater has started to malfunction. It ignites alright (I replaced the igniter a couple of years ago) but now, when I keep my finger pressed on the gas button after igniting it for even 2 minutes it won't stay on when I remove my finger. Today I locked it on with some tape and it runs fine but as soon as I take the tape off, after say 30 minutes, the heater still goes out. Does anyone know what I need to clean/buy to rectify this fault please ?

TIA for any help.

Re: Andrews G125 propane space heater.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    My Andrews G125 propane space heater has started to malfunction. It ignites alright (I replaced the igniter a couple of years ago) but now, when I keep my finger pressed on the gas button after igniting it for even 2 minutes it won't stay on when I remove my finger. Today I locked it on with some tape and it runs fine but as soon as I take the tape off, after say 30 minutes, the heater still goes out. Does anyone know what I need to clean/buy to rectify this fault please ?

TIA for any help.

Thermocouple.

Its the brass/copper tube screwed into the other end of the safety valve you taped up, runs alongside the gas feed to the nozzle where the probe end pops out (arrowed) next/near the electrode 18 - the probe bit sits in the flame and may get a bit red but this is what holds the gas valve open. Get if fixed PDQ, would want you to slink out of Mrs Zaza's range for a sly fag in the workshop only to find the fire has blown out and the stuck down button has filled the workshop full of gas..............!

More parts breakdown here-

http://www.rogersspaceheaters.co.uk/...drews_g125&i=1
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Thank you FF. I had also seen that diagram in your link but thought that it was so badly labelled with many Nos. missing that I was a bit befuddled. I'll take the cover off and have a look to see if anything is immediately apparent - I have read somewhere that it might just be a case of cleaning the soot off the end of something. I did search on YouTube but couldn't find anything relevant.

All sorted (for now !!) I took the cover off yesterday and found something that was obviously involved with the start-up procedure with a couple of metallic strips on one side of the piece of plastic and a couple of cables on the other side and I think it's got something to do with the jet being kept open after a certain amount of heat has been attained. I took it off and using very fine emery cleaned between the contact points. The start-up instructions say to hold the gas button in for 30 seconds before releasing it but mine now works O.K. after 10 seconds. And thank you Mr. Andrews Heating, your parts diagrams are crap.
    Last edited by zaza; 18-01-20 at 11:55 AM.

Think thats going to be No.13 - Limit thermostat. IIRC you've found the bi-metal strip that in the event of it getting too hot or a fire the limit thermostat will open and release the gas solenoid cutting the fire. It sound like you have restored the contact path through the bi-metal strips?

I expect they had all these safety devices seeing as Noah's ark was wooden apparently...........................
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Yes, that's the only conclusion that I could comeup with. No.13 - Limit thermostat. But it's different to what it is showing in the diagram. The diagram doesn't show the metal strips. I was concerned about one thing though, the cables that are joined to it were slightly scorched and I wonder if that's because I had taped the plunger up permanently the other day when I wanted the heater to stay on.