Thread: Case IH 1056xl

Case IH 1056xl

Hey everybody!
    I must understand where I need to look and check why my tractor's tachometer doesn't work. Maybe some of you could help me with some advice how to check tachometer.
    I already change tachometer cable with the new one, it's done but no success at all. Maybe something is stuck or short grounded to the earth. Help me members!

Re: Case IH 1056xl

It could be that the drive the cable inserts into has stripped (damaged) or the dial unit/meter is damaged. Our 956 dial started bouncing on different speeds and evetually ceased altogether.

Re: Case IH 1056xl

Quote Originally Posted by JK_agriculture View Post
    Hey everybody!
    I must understand where I need to look and check why my tractor's tachometer doesn't work. Maybe some of you could help me with some advice how to check tachometer.
    I already change tachometer cable with the new one, it's done but no success at all. Maybe something is stuck or short grounded to the earth. Help me members!
    Remove the tacho head and see if you can turn the inner drive cable- if its in whatever drives it at the other end, then you shouldn't be able to turn it. also with the head still off, start the engine up and the inner cable should turn?.

To check the head, figure out the direction of rotation of the drive cable turns in, then use a something like a chainsaw file with out a handle and use the square end to turn the tacho - flick it round and you may see the needle move, or you could use a bot of the old cable inner in a battery drill to power the tacho to see if moves the needle
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......