Thread: 2004 JCB 530-70

2004 JCB 530-70

I have just bought a 2004 JCB 530-70. The problem I am having is when I push any of the buttons on the joystick to let in or out the boom. When I release the button the boom does not stop immediately, It could travel another 6 to 8 inches, be it in or out. the second AUX is the same for the pickup hitch and quick release. I checked the buttons and they don't seem to be sticking. Any help appreciate

Re: 2004 JCB 530-70

Hello there, try and find solenoid for boom, it will have a black plug on it, unplug and connect a multimeter 12v dc scale and then try switch, if it reads 12v whilst switch on then immediately drops to zero when switch released, fault will be with solenoid itself sticking or possibly wrong hyd oil used meaning a bit to heavy for solenoids to cope with.
    if you havnt got a testmeter, a normal 12v bulb/light etc will tell you its of/on.
    Hope that makes sense for you.

Thanks Humfy. I will try that. Not sure where the solenoid for the boom is but I think its just behind the cab.

I had a jcb tele yrs ago for a spell, theyr pretty bomb proof things. Another thing worth checking is solenoid correct voltage, just in case its bern replace with a spare etc. Most these type machines are 12v dc, but thers chance if 24v to. Just depends on model. Im sure you will suss out. The actual solenoids are east enuf to take out & check to.
    Best of luck.

update

My JCB 530-70 has what is call a flowshare hydraulic system. had all the solenoids check and are working . We took the valve chest out and completely dismantle it.
    check and cleaned everything and put it back together. There was big improvement but it is still not just right, when you release the button the boom will still not stop instantly. not sure where to go from here. ???