Thread: Manitou 527 engine oil light

Manitou 527 engine oil light

Hi. On my manitou 527 Iíve tested engine oil pressure at 60 psi at idle and increases on rev up. But oil light flickers. Iíve replaced oil switch. Looks like a wiring issue. What should I look for?

Re: Manitou 527 engine oil light

Finally got son motivated to assist me looking at this. Eventually spade connector came off wire. Cut back wire and fitted new connector. Problem must have been bad connection.

Bloke fitting the switch must of been a bit rough handed?

Being serious, its nice to have traditional electrical faults- serviced our MF6480 recently and it had confused brake & tail lights- someone must of changed the twin filament bulb and had the wires off for some reason, putting them back on the wrong way round- I was expecting to see the bulb in there 1/2 a turn out but was wrong!

Some electrical faults on modern stuff is getting too complicated by half.

At least in your case you knew the oil pressure was there because of the gauge.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    ... serviced our MF6480 recently and it had confused brake & tail lights- someone must of changed the twin filament bulb and had the wires off for some reason, putting them back on the wrong way round- I was expecting to see the bulb in there 1/2 a turn out but was wrong! ...
    Don't those bulbs have offset bayonet pins so you can't fit them half a turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Don't those bulbs have offset bayonet pins so you can't fit them half a turn out?
    yes they do and many years ago i fitted a brand new Lucas bulb and the bulb had been made wrong! filaments were the wrong way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Only thing I could think of was a steering wheel attendant had pulled the two power wires off to fit a bulb somehow and put them back on the wrong way- bulb was in the right way for the offset! Looked really funny to dim and bright on opposite sides on side lights, turn them off and apply brakes and it was the other way round!
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......