Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack caley

Jack caley

Jack , my father , is sadly very ill. In fact within the next day at best he will no longer be with us .
    I know this forum has been a part of his life and he has enjoyed the debates as well as making new friends. I thought it might be nice if anyone wants to say something we can read it to him .
    Thanks in advance
    Mark caley

Re: Jack caley

Mark, that is terrible news. Please, if you are able, give your Father all our very best wishes and tell him that we are thinking of him. He has been an inspiration and a shining light to this Forum and to all of us who are members. May I personally wish you and all of your Father's family solace and peace in this very difficult time. Thank you for letting us know about this. May your God go with each and everyone of you. Regards - David.

Again...
    Jack and I were often at odds....good natured arguments.
    Often thought I would detour through the area and drop a surprise.......
    Thoroughly enjoyed our times
    Gee

Mark - I wish you and your family all the best in this trying time. I always enjoyed hearing of his connections on "this side of the pond".

We have *known* Jack here and on FWi before for many years now - he is like a favourite Uncle always has some wise and thoughtful insight.

Thank you , my sister has passed on the messages. I’m back , hopefully, in the morning. Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear your sad news. Its been a pleasure to help your Dad Jack on and off with his iPad login troubles over the years! and also good to read his news and views.

He will be missed by many of us who also came here on the back of the FWi days like Jack did. Hopefully he will find your mum and be in peace together.

Jack, You'll be missed here on BFF, in Holderness and Italy, not bad for an ex RAF bod too! Glad our paths crossed and touched one another, been a pleasure.

Best wishes Peter
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Mark I am sorry to hear your news. I hope Jack is as comfortable as possible.
    Regards
    Peter

Sorry to hear that Jack is so ill. He has always been in the background of my life throughout my Young Farmer days and onwards, even though I am not sure that I have actually met him in real life.

Mark I am so sorry to hear this news. Jack is a true gentleman and very free with much good advice to anyone who asks. I am sad that I have never met him in person as I know our paths have crossed in the past. Farming will lose a true friend.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all at such a difficult time.
    Stephen Collett
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

That is sad to hear , I have always enjoyed Jack forthright and knowledgable posts. My thoughts are with him and his family

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    We have *known* Jack here and on FWi before for many years now - he is like a favourite Uncle always has some wise and thoughtful insight.
    Ditto. Jack is a real gentleman. Hope he’s as comfortable as possible. Kindest thought to all the family.
    Joyce

Having just read this I am absolutely gutted,..................and I didn't even know the man!

What it must be like at this time for you and the family circle for whom such a plainly thoughtful and considerate man was a great part of your lives one can only begin to comprehend.

Sincere best wishes at this difficult time.

Very sad to hear your news Mark
    Jack a bit like A G Street had to read it knowing it would be interesting, topical,+ a bit of levity
    Jack will be missed
    Xlandman

Mark, please convey to your family my deepest condolences. Jack was always writting about his family in Spain and Italy and I am sorry they cannot attend the services - I am sure everyone on this forum understands - putting others at risk is NOT something Jack would condone.
    Again, my condolences to all his close and extended family

keith (aka ironhead)

Without any news I wnder if in fact Jack is no longer with us. If indeed he has left us then I wonder if there is any way that collectively those of us who wished to could contribute to a floral tribute to him. That is of course as long as it is not family flowers only. I don't know how it could be done but speaking personally I would be more than happy to partake in such a gesture bearing in mind how we have all benefitted from his knowledge and helpfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    Without any news I wnder if in fact Jack is no longer with us. If indeed he has left us then I wonder if there is any way that collectively those of us who wished to could contribute to a floral tribute to him. That is of course as long as it is not family flowers only. I don't know how it could be done but speaking personally I would be more than happy to partake in such a gesture bearing in mind how we have all benefitted from his knowledge and helpfulness.
    Very sadly, I heard that Jack passed away yesterday. He died from a long standing condition and not related to todays issues.
    He was a true gentleman and a great friend to all in agriculture, his passing is a great loss to all.
    RIP Jack
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Thank you everyone, I did post yesterday but removed it as there was a member of family who couldn’t be informed yet .
    Yes , father passed yesterday morning , peacefully and comfortable .
    A big man who will leave a big hole in our lives .
    Many thanks for your thoughts.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    Thank you for that , I will discuss with family .
    Mark.

Sorry to hear this Mark. Condolences to you and your family.

Condolences to your family Mark. From this forum perspective your Father was a real contributor with a life time of experience. Forthright, polite, sometimes controversial, different views to some but never dull.

Deepest sympathy....
    Words are never enough to convey ones feelings at a time like this.
    The thoughts and sympathy of a far reaching community are with you and your family.
    Thinking back it must the better part of twenty years since the farming community came together via the internet due to the F&M crisis. New and distant friends were made......Jack was one.
    A Gentleman and a Farmer!
    Gee.

An honest man here lies at rest,
    As e’er God with His image blest:
    The friend of man, the friend of truth;
    The friend of age, and guide of youth:
    Few hearts like his, with virtue warm’d,
    Few heads with knowledge so inform’d:
    If there’s another world, he lives in bliss;
    If there is none, he made the best of this.

Robert Burns

I never met Mr Caley, but like many others I was acquainted with him via this and previous forums.
    A sad loss. My Deepest Condolences to the family.

ETC

Thank you

Hello all,
    In response to zaza I’ll just pop the detail below , a little cut n paste going on. Or just raise a glass and have a moment.

Hopefully Friday morning we will be saying Bon voyage

Gartons have said if anyone wants to send flowers to send them to Eric Walkers in Hedon http://www.uk-funerals.co.uk/funeral...uneral-service for Thursday I think he said..

Many thanks to you all

Scotland, land of the free home of the brave

Quote Originally Posted by harmattan View Post
    Hello all,
    In response to zaza I’ll just pop the detail below , a little cut n paste going on. Or just raise a glass and have a moment.

Gartons have said if anyone wants to send flowers to send them to Eric Walkers in Hedon http://www.uk-funerals.co.uk/funeral...uneral-service for Thursday I think he said..

Many thanks to you all
    I like many on this forum never met Jack in person but I like so many others thoroughly enjoyed our discussions with him. A fine man who had lived a good life.
    My own dear wife died in December and I found great comfort in the following words

If I should go before the rest of you
    Break not a flower nor inscribe a stone
    Do not speak in quiet Sunday voices
    But be the people I have always known
    Cry if you must
    Parting is hell
    But life goes on
    So sing as well.

Farewell Jack until we meet again.

DD

Hello all,

Many thanks to you all
    Thank you Mark. I guess that it's probably a bit too late to set anything up now but my initial idea was that maybe the admin. of this site could have set up some kind of funding arrangement so that those who wished to would have been able to contribute to a floral recognition of your Father's time and wisdom amongst us.

Hello all,

Many thanks to you all

Hi Mark,

I'll have a ponder on friday morning and then raise a glass to Jack later in the evening while again looking through this fascinating tribute to him that I have found

It puts a face to the man and also an insight to his beloved Holderness.

http://www.fionacaley.org.uk/st-hughs/4594288961

Well done Jack.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Good morning all

I spotted Jack's passing in Saturdays Yorkshire post (I must come on here more often!)

I had the absolute pleasure and privilege of meeting Jack back in 2008 at a Yorkshire Agricultural Adventurers meeting (when I was chairman of Yorkshire YFC) - our conversation came about as a direct result of this forum. Our paths crossed many times over the years, via the forum mostly.

Like others have said, Jack was a wise man, philosophical, encouraging and inspiring. A gentleman, of the highest order. Rest in peace Sir.

Best wishes for Friday

Andrew Wilson

I always feel these few Irish lines are most suited to a “Son” of the Land

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face;
    The rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand........
    Last edited by Gee; 24-03-20 at 10:53 AM.