Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack caley

Re: Jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Hi Mark,

I'll have a ponder on friday morning and then raise a glass to Jack later in the evening while again looking through this fascinating tribute to him that I have found

It puts a face to the man and also an insight to his beloved Holderness.

http://www.fionacaley.org.uk/st-hughs/4594288961

Well done Jack.

Hoisting one for jack - RIP

My condolences to you and your family Mark, wish you strength for the time ahead.

Not logged into the forum for a while and saw this thread. I'm really saddened to hear this news. I didn't always agree with Jack but i did find him a genuinely decent and thoughtful individual. he'll be sorely missed by u all on here, and i offer my sincere condolences to his family.

I haven't been on here for ages so I'm just learning of the sad news about Jack.

It's strange how we sort of get a feeling of knowing someone on a forum we've never met but like others on here I always found Jack to be a real gentleman, very interesting and thought provoking, whilst I sometimes disagreed with him especially over Brexit I always enjoyed debating with him.

I heard this poem read out at a friends funeral and I thought it might be appropriate for Jack.

CLOSE THE GATE
    For this one farmer the worries are over, lie down and rest your head,
    Your time has been and struggles enough, put the tractor in the shed.

Years were not easy, many downright hard, but your faith in God transcended,
    Put away your tools and sleep in peace. The fences have all been mended.

You raised a fine family, worked the land well and always followed the Son,
    Hang up your shovel inside of the barn; your work here on earth is done.

A faith few possess led your journey through life, often a jagged and stony way,
    The sun is setting, the cattle are all bedded, and here now is the end of your day.

Your love of God’s soil has passed on to your kin; the stories flow like fine wine,
    Wash off your work boots in the puddle left by blessed rain one final time.

You always believed that the good Lord would provide and He always had somehow,
    Take off your gloves and put them down, no more sweat and worry for you now.

Your labour is done, your home now is heaven; no more must you wait,
    Your legacy lives on, your love of the land, and we will close the gate.

By Nancy Kraayenhof.

I've not been here in a long time and I'm really sorry to have missed the sad news of Jack's passing.

I didn't agree with many of his political views, but he always put his arguments across in a considered and polite manner. Something sadly lacking in much of today's political discussion.
    His wealth of experience and knowledge will be a great loss to the industry.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.