Thread: Anyone know Marriots Smallholding?

Anyone know Marriots Smallholding?

Couldnít really find a suitable forum, but here goes:

I ordered some items back in summer 2019, prepaid because of export, and now nothing... No answers by phone or e-mail.

I also googled the firm, and see that Iím
    not alone.... they seemed good before I made the order, but late summer and autumn several had trouble. Looks like some got a refund..

What can I do...?

Re: Anyone know Marriots Smallholding?

Quote Originally Posted by Hill-farmer View Post
    Couldnít really find a suitable forum, but here goes:

I ordered some items back in summer 2019, prepaid because of export, and now nothing... No answers by phone or e-mail.

I also googled the firm, and see that Iím
    not alone.... they seemed good before I made the order, but late summer and autumn several had trouble. Looks like some got a refund..

What can I do...?
    Being very elusive about any contact/address details other than their postal address to a "business suite" rings alarm bells that and they state they are an online business only as well which together makes me very wary.

Did you pay by credit card? if you did I would approach the card issuer to see if you have the right to claim your payment back and let them deal with Marriotts? otherwise It doesn't sound very good.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

A bit more info here:

Adress: Suite 2077, 6-8 Revenge RoadLordswood, ChathamKent

https://www.marriotts-smallholding.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/marriotts.smallholding/

@Footsfitter: No, it doesn't look good at all. As an old banker I do not like to write anything off, so will pursue this as far as I can.

How do I proceed with a firm not answering either phone or e-mails, not shipping the goods nor returning the payment? What kind of legal actions can I take? How to proceed so to say? I think this might be valuable for other forum members as well?

A bit more info here:

Adress: Suite 2077, 6-8 Revenge RoadLordswood, ChathamKent

https://www.marriotts-smallholding.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/marriotts.smallholding/

@Footsfitter: No, it doesn't look good at all. As an old banker I do not like to write anything off, so will pursue this as far as I can.

How do I proceed with a firm not answering either phone or e-mails, not shipping the goods nor returning the payment? What kind of legal actions can I take? How to proceed so to say? I think this might be valuable for other forum members as well?

First off if you have paid by credit card, I'd go through that route if you can, at least under UK consumer rules you will get your money back and the problem becomes the card issuer, but seeing your location is Norway, that and also the chance you may of paid up front by other means may mean your on your own trying to get either the goods or funds back.

I expect it depends how much you are prepared to lose V what it will cost in charges to recover some or all of it, if any at all. Normally either taking a county court order out against someone may work, if they have the money/still trading or the threat of a winding up order if its a larger sum may work but these have costs and risks.

The fact that they have made it difficult to locate/contact themselves is fair enough if it points you to say an online contact system they prefer to use but as you have found out if they don't answer then is seems they are operating solely "virtually on the cloud" purely as middlemen?

The only other thing i could find out was googling the owners name, a link comes up on LinkedIn but as I'm not a member I can only see it through a google search- if it doesn't work direct from here- https://uk.linkedin.com/in/anthonymmarriott paste it into a google search bar and try.

Whether he is still involved with your disputed supplier- I'm not sure?

Thanks Footsfitter! I never thought of that! Have sent him a message on LinkedIn. Will se if I also take on Twitter as I see he has two accounts there too.

He also has this company: https://www.ado-holdings.co.uk same "head-office" phone number....

Thanks Footsfitter! I never thought of that! Have sent him a message on LinkedIn. Will se if I also take on Twitter as I see he has two accounts there too.

He also has this company: https://www.ado-holdings.co.uk same "head-office" phone number....
    Did you note he's also a website designer

Yes.... and Iím so embarrassed... 🙈

I did Google the company late spring 2019, and it seemed Ok, no bad reviews, but when I googled later in 2019 there were several.....

Anyhow - Iíd like others not to do the same!

If you search on the guy's name on facebook, his facebook profile cam out as the top result, for me anyway, i'm pretty sure that's the guy as the child in his profile picture is the same kid that is on the marriot smallholding instagramme account. if you can't find it say and i'll pm you the link, i didn't want to put it in the public forum.

It looks like he's also a member of the BFF facebook group, that's a group that originated with this forum but isn't actually anything to do with it, it's run independently as far as i'm aware. you could post in the BFF group, giving the detail of your problem, and yag him into the post, you'll get his attention then.

his face book account has the most recent post as january this year, so he is probably still active and most people are glued to their phones these days and get facebook updates straight to them.

My guess is that he's running a drop shipping company with a fancy web site but no actual physical premises or stock, you order something from them, they order it from their supplier and have it sent direct to you, or in theory, if they haven't paid for the last lot of stuff, maybe the suppliers don't send it after all, but they keep the money anyway. It could be that they're really bad at customer services rather than actively ripping people off.

another avenue would be to to make a complaint to their local trading standards office, but don't hold your breath for a response in the current situation.