Thread: Lorry Wheels

Lorry Wheels

I have a hay trailer on 750 16 tyres, need a couple of replacement tyres anyone have any ideas of where to get some?

Re: Lorry Wheels

A long wheel base Land Rover used 7.50.16 tyres. I mean the Series 2 & 3 type of Land Rover, not this modern stuff.

Re: Lorry Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by friar View Post
    I have a hay trailer on 750 16 tyres, need a couple of replacement tyres anyone have any ideas of where to get some?
    Any good tyre dealer who does Ag stuff will be able to help you out or maybe a commercial vehicle breaker. 7.50-16 being imperial will be old school stuff and you may struggle to find it in a lorry type tyre. If they are old "split rims" ie have a big retaining circlip/locking ring - then you want to really bin those and replace them with more modern one piece rims just for safetys sake.

If your tubeless/modern one piece rims already then you might get away with a van or light truck tyre in metric form in-

245/70-16
    215/85-16
    245/75-16
    235/85-16

Whats going to be most important though is the ply rating you have- look at you old 7.50-16's to see what they are, could be 6,8,10 ply or even more if old ex-mod stuff Biggest trouble with the metric one listed above may be that unless they are off road or commercial they will be a low ply rating and may only have steel plies in the tread area and little or none in the sidewalls so a bit delicate for bale carting?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......