Thread: 1992 Ford 8340SLE error code 29 , I need help please

1992 Ford 8340SLE error code 29 , I need help please

Hi I have 92 Ford 8340 SLE , that wonít move an inch, Iíve checked for loose wires , used contact cleaner on the connections that Iíve found so far, I even took or Rear tire for better access, I keep getting code 29 , it will show 32 when tractor first comes on then goes off then 29 comes on, have bought a new potentiometer and tried it on all the potentiometers Iíve found (Swapping the new one back and forth) , is there any hydraulic problem that could cause the tractor not to move, but still shows code 29, this is our first tractor of this size , so all help would be appreciated

Re: 1992 Ford 8340SLE error code 29 , I need help please

It sounds like a problem I had years ago...was stumped for weeks as I had the clutch cable adjusted by the book after rebuilding the transmission.
    When depressing the clutch pedal,the cable pulls a lever that activates a valve that basically tells the transmission to work, after every start up. It sounds like the clutch cable needs shortened slightly. You could try starting up,press the pedal down and at the same time,reach forward and above the pedal,hook your fingers around the cable and pull hard. You might not feel it move but it can be enough to move the valve to get things going.If it works,adjust the cable at the pedal.
    Of course it could be someting else but worth a try!!

Thanks , Iíve been stumped for a couple weeks , Iíll try what you suggest

First check KAM fuse keep alive memory third down left side fuse box that's code 32, code 29 is open circuit [broken wire or poor connection C1/C2 pressure switch which is for clutch pack 1 and 2 you also have C3/C4 inside box but nothing to do with them ,these packs are back to back that's why ref is made like it is, here is wiring for switches item 9 is the one to check you can check switch with multimeter but i would suggest you look at terminals and or trace wire back to computer which is under black panel on right of seat 4 screws, plug is held on by single bolt its ok to take off providing ign not on or disconnect battery.will try and add picture on here when i find out how. switch you want is on transmission side cover its on left of centre not the pwm valve which is a small oblong connector with spring clip and near top of cover your one has spade terminals.