Hi there. I'm unsure if i'm in the right place, but i'd love it if you could hear me out.

My name is Fin, I'm 18 and from a small village in Gloucestershire. I am currently a media student at Gloucestershire College about to enter a film degree. Me and my best friend have a hobby for the outdoors, and would love to gain permission to wild camp on private land. We understand that this can a red flag for you, and your land due to damage we could cause, and trouble we could bring.

In the UK, there are no laws relating to bushcraft as a whole. But there are a whole list of laws which are relevant to the activities which often fall under the term bushcraft particularly with respect to fires, knives, foraging, fishing, trapping, not to mention access and camping. We would not be interested in hunting for animals, or fishing for food. We would like to be able to have a small contained fire, bring a small pocket knife, and be able to forage from wild plants that we know are edible.

We would happily offer to work for a day, and are fully aware youd expect us to pay a nightly fee for the upkeep of the land if you grant us permission to camp on your land. We are both prepared to pay for a DBS check, hand over any ID, and accept any other requests youd ask for you to feel safe with us being on your property. We have a leave no trace policy, you will not have any litter, or damage to the surrounding with us being on your land. We would expect to be using your land for upto 2 nights at a time, 3 or 4 times a year.

I hope you will consider this for us, as wed love to be able to do our hobby to its full potential. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post, Id be grateful if youd point me in the right direction, or if you know anyone who would consider this, that would be great.

I hope you all are staying safe, best wishes -