Thread: Solis 26, first service

Solis 26, first service

I took the tractor to the dealer I bought the tractor from for its first service after 50 hours use. When I went to collect it, I was told it was all done. I pointed out the dust on the oil filter, the fuel filter and the hydraulic suction filter. None of these things had been touched, though I was assured the oil has been changed and it did look clean.

The mechanic took photographs of the parts needed, and it became apparent he didn't know the difference between the hydraulic suction filter and the fuel filter.

I should add I'm in rural France and my French isn't terrific. Anyway, there are no other dealers around, so I figured I'd have to do it myself. I've rebuilt a couple of engines, so I do have some idea.

First, the fuel filter. Should be straight forward. Turn off the fuel cock. After half an hour's poking around and reading manuals, I still can't find it. To give myself a moment, I move on to check I have the necessary tools. There are three pipes to the injectors that will need loosening to bleed the fuel line, but they are so close to each other that I can't possibly get a spanner onto the middle one unless I remove an end one entirely.

Did anyone know if there is a fuel cock and where to find it? Is it not normal to have enough space between the injector pipes to be able to get a spanner in? Maybe they've taken the compact aspect of this compact tractor too far...

John

Re: Solis 26, first service

Oh well, I traced the fuel pipe all the way to the tank and there's no fuel cock, and neither was it necessary.

I think it's the manuals that aren't so good.

In the trouble shooting section, there's a problem listed: engine doesn't start properly. Solution: start the engine properly.