Thread: New Year greetings

New Year greetings

To all readers & lurkers on BFF, from Tasmania, where we are experiencing the gentlest of summers as a result of a very weak La Nina, and, (as far as I know) no C19.

JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Re: New Year greetings

Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    To all readers & lurkers on BFF, from Tasmania, where we are experiencing the gentlest of summers as a result of a very weak La Nina, and, (as far as I know) no C19.

JV
    No C19 - that would make for a very happy New Year

Gee sent me this:

VID-20210101-WA0007.mp4

Gee sent me this:

VID-20210101-WA0007.mp4
    Hi John, Happy new year to you and equally any one else too!

First off, your link requires us non tassies to login to view

Weather wise, here in the south its been pretty mild generally so far this winter, but there has at times been quite a bit of precipitation, though luckily for us the worst seems to of been further up north- we seemed to just get the edges of it in passing. CV19 wise - at times it would be great to have the isolation you lot down there enjoy, but there you are we all have to make the best of where we are and keep on to the summer.

Best rgds

Peter
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Hi John, Happy new year to you and equally any one else too!

First off, your link requires us non tassies to login to view

Weather wise, here in the south its been pretty mild generally so far this winter, but there has at times been quite a bit of precipitation, though luckily for us the worst seems to of been further up north- we seemed to just get the edges of it in passing. CV19 wise - at times it would be great to have the isolation you lot down there enjoy, but there you are we all have to make the best of where we are and keep on to the summer.

Best rgds

Peter
    Evening FF

Hmm... now that's a puzzle. When I click on the link shown in your reply, I go to Apple News, to which I have not subscribed, but comes automatically at the weekend!

Maybe Gee could post the correct link coz it is a corker! Deserves widespread distribution, even at the risk of clogging up the internet!

Western Australia seems to be well isolated, more so than Tassie actually, and they don't have a moat - unless you consider the Nullabour as a moat.

JV

Struggling

Gee sent me this:

VID-20210101-WA0007.mp4
    The link is to a (I presume your's) webmail server.

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    The link is to a (I presume your's) webmail server.
    Don't think so, Paw. I checked the link and what I posted is what I downloaded from Gee's email. I can play it from Downloads, but cannot send it to myself as an attachment. The link is to a 43 second cartoon produced by an Indian animation company, so I'm wondering if there is a block of some sort preventing it being reproduced. If that is true, how was Gee able to send it to me? It's very innocuous and humourous: shows an animated, stylised C19 virus pulling on the numerals 202 and laughing. The second "2" whistles up a "1" who promptly sticks a hypodermic in the virus, which explodes, and the "1" takes its place to form "2021".
    All with superb cartoonish facial expressions. Should be a good ad. for the animators and thus able to be distributed.

JV

This is what I get. I have seen that cartoon on WhatsApp.

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    This is what I get. I have seen that cartoon on WhatsApp.

Yep, that's my server. Mystery continues!

JV

Yes, that's it!

JV

Yep, that's my server. Mystery continues!

JV

Crikey, missed all the fun!

I reckon that Gee's message or link for the attachment when handled by your mail server and then posted by yourself online here has become an item saved to your mailserver at this location/address

https://webmail.eftel.com.au/squirre...assed_ent_id=0

And to access it we would need your username and password which your email client automatically uses to login, thus you see it no problem but to us- we are blocked!

You may of been able to find the location address that gee's mail client used when he posted the Gif to you in his message data before your mailserver or client saved it and gave it that new ID/address at eftel.com

Might be wrong, but thats what I think is happening?

Evening FF

Western Australia seems to be well isolated, more so than Tassie actually, and they don't have a moat - unless you consider the Nullabour as a moat.

JV
    I think that has been their big advantage having just the main road connections top and bottom to patrol. Boy has said that its been mainly merchant ship crew that have made cases once the cruise ships sent to Rottnest island were sort out. And a few international travellers that have been caught by testing during their isolation in the government run hotel accommodation.

Really seems Australia's problems are more over on the gold coast with the greater density of "can't care less morons" over there. Unfortunately most countries have their share of them and the issues they bring. Really depends how hard the countries law enforcement are in dealing with them

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    I think that has been their big advantage having just the main road connections top and bottom to patrol. Boy has said that its been mainly merchant ship crew that have made cases once the cruise ships sent to Rottnest island were sort out. And a few international travellers that have been caught by testing during their isolation in the government run hotel accommodation.

Really seems Australia's problems are more over on the gold coast with the greater density of "can't care less morons" over there. Unfortunately most countries have their share of them and the issues they bring. Really depends how hard the countries law enforcement are in dealing with them
    Precisely! Will Darwin's principles apply?

JV