Thread: Down on our farm, 40 years on a Hampshire in Cine Film

Down on our farm, 40 years on a Hampshire in Cine Film

Hosted on YouTube are four 10 minute videos compiled from cine film taken on the farm from the 70's through the next 30 years. The work of now retired employee John Evans, they cover changes in both farm practices and staff. The original cine film was converted to Video some years ago and then digitalised/loaded onto youtube.

The following links are parts 1 to 4

An accompanying word document giving a timeline to the four clips is available here

ff
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Re: Down on our farm, 40 years on a Hampshire in Cine Film

Thanks for posting these ff. Having only watched a few minutes of Part 1, I think I'll have to steal some time to watch them all. I run mostly old gear: partly nostalgia but mostly coz that is what I can justify financially - the latest addition being an MF1455E round baler. On reflection I think the '70s was the golden age of agriculture here in Tas., when energy from oil was still cheap, but it might only be because I was in that age when things were "happening". Very appropriate music, too.

On occasions, I skip thru an 1805 edition of "Dicksons Agriculture", Vol. 1. I marvel at what appear to be rudimentary implements, yet much of the basic knowledge is sound. I wonder if the DD and mob stocking fraternity are re-discovering what some of the old timers knew, but integrating it with current knowledge.

Enough of my revery on a Sunday morn, it being too good a day to work ;-)

JV

loverly videos, but as the machinery changes from all red to blue and yellow with a tinge of green the viewing figures drop to less than a third of number 1

regards

Outstanding. Wonderful to see the tractors & machinery that I grew up with - working as I remember them doing.

Thank you so much for sharing

thank you really enjoyed the first one ,watch the others tomorrow