Thread: 10 days late for wosr trials

Mike Pickford

10 days late for wosr trials

Cotswold trials, today some swathed, some dessicated - so we start - please give us a dry 10days, Yields & quality - I think will be on the low side, but we wait for the combine.
    Started planning for next years trials, in the breeding programme its been a great year to reject many new lines on poor stem stiffness, only stiff ones for me next year.

MrNoo

Re: 10 days late for wosr trials

Hi Mike, I have swathed circa 180 acres so far and think yields will fine, some cracking crops here. Hope to get the combine fired up mid next week, fingers crossed!!!

Mike Pickford

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoo View Post
    Hi Mike, I have swathed circa 180 acres so far and think yields will fine, some cracking crops here. Hope to get the combine fired up mid next week, fingers crossed!!!

mr noo

Was it all standing & which vars; on yield - we have more pods on the plants this year than last, but less seeds inside, maybe bigger seed; forecast for the Broadway area is no drops of rain on it for at least 10days - they had better be right - wind suppose to go to the NE which is always a good thing - dry seedbeds ??
    Good harvest

MrNoo

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pickford View Post
    mr noo

Was it all standing & which vars; on yield - we have more pods on the plants this year than last, but less seeds inside, maybe bigger seed; forecast for the Broadway area is no drops of rain on it for at least 10days - they had better be right - wind suppose to go to the NE which is always a good thing - dry seedbeds ??
    Good harvest
    Yes all standing, bit of lean on it mind, Cabernet we put some PRG and also had sheep on it, agree with the pod numbers etc you state, I guess we`ll know for sure when the combine goes in.
    Yes any East element in the wind is a drying wind! I suspect it`ll need some drying before we get the combine in some of the fields as still pretty wet underfoot