Thread: Ford 8210 hydraulics with a mind of their own??

3600jca

Ford 8210 hydraulics with a mind of their own??

Can a wiser man than me suggest why when I have an implement on the three point linkage the tractor keeps changing the height while the arms are raised. Is there a problem with the top-link sensing?

john8210

Re: Ford 8210 hydraulics with a mind of their own??

are the arms moving when the tractor moves ? , if so is your selector lever set too far into the load monitor position? sometimes the positions on the lever are not that acurate. if the arms are dropping then constantly readjusting , so making a constant drop and lift, re correcting itself all the time ? if this is the case you could have a leak on the lift cylinder . dont know any more than that im afraid, never really had any trouble with them on the fords ive had, someone on here will no more.

tenseries

had a similar problem with a 7710 after a winter on the front end loader and the link arms not in use something in around the draft lever seized and caused all kinds of problems with the linkage was easy enough fixed though.

milbethill

could be the load monitor valve.
    I had a prob on one of my 82s, you lifted the implement up to a good height and then when you moved off it came up further and hit the cab, bust sprayer controls and a back window.
    GRRRRRRRR :cry:
    Might be worth checkin

sprayer

20 years ago but seem to remember a problem on 7610 where fertiliser spreader when full kept jumping up and down. The locking nut on the big spring behind the top link attachment bracket had become loose causing the top link to keep reacting. Depending on the year of the 8210 I seem to remember the last ones had electronic hydraulics and lower link sensing.