Thread: CAT?

.Jack

CAT?

Is it right
    that Caterpillar has stopped manufacturing their Cat engines?
    (because of emission problems)

jack

d4c24a

Re: CAT?

Quote Originally Posted by .Jack View Post
    Is it right
    that Caterpillar has stopped manufacturing their Cat engines?
    (because of emission problems)

jack
    no cat have left the truck engine dept thats all ,a while ago

http://www.todaystrucking.com/caterp...ngine-business

reboot

Rumour is that there will be a sisu engine in the cat challenger because cat can't afford to develop the cat engine to new emission regs, so I'm told the sisu engine will be quieter

What boggles me is while they are improving they don't put the proven fendt cvt in there too or atleast the mf cvt box.
    I will be amazed if they put that old out dated clunky jerky powershift box in it when there's new modern technology that could be making a much more efficient and comfortable tractor.

These are my main 2 gripes with the cat
    1. Crap gearbox
    2. Engine noise

.Jack

Oh nothing to worry about then!

reboot

Quote Originally Posted by .Jack View Post
    Oh nothing to worry about then!
    Only if youv got no ear muffs and a bad back

Roger Perry

Caterpillar cannot afford to develope new engines..???...........Hmmmmm let me think about that for a moment..!!

And they were out of the "Challenger" about 8-10 years ago if memory serves........its been an Agco product for a long time now.

Roger Perry

Word on the street is that JD will bring their high speed rubber trac (4) dozer onto the farm market as a competitor of the Case I-H quad trac..?

d4c24a

Quote Originally Posted by reboot View Post
    Rumour is that there will be a sisu engine in the cat challenger because cat can't afford to develop the cat engine to new emission regs, so I'm told the sisu engine will be quieter

What boggles me is while they are improving they don't put the proven fendt cvt in there too or atleast the mf cvt box.
    I will be amazed if they put that old out dated clunky jerky powershift box in it when there's new modern technology that could be making a much more efficient and comfortable tractor.

These are my main 2 gripes with the cat
    1. Crap gearbox
    2. Engine noise

i think thats a bit of a rumour :lolk:http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80P0VW20120126

reboot

Quote Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
    i think thats a bit of a rumour :lolk:http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80P0VW20120126
    Yes they they have a good bottom line profit but is it worth the effort doing all that to an engine just to suit a few machines in Europe? The cat engine can still be used in USA were the majority are sold anyway.

Agco own the tractor and the factory putting the pieces together that they buy from cat, surely their allowed to buy everything but not the engine from cat.

I still think Agco are stupid not to put a fendt transmission while they putting sisu lump in

I get told by the salesman "a cvt won't put the power to the ground like a powershift will" but I think he's talking utter jibberish, hes just knocking jd because he's machine is sooo outdated they haven't fitted one yet! I hates salesmen that knock a rival machine with rumours and theories that aren't proven or researched. He's a salesman and not an engineer too!

leone75

Caterpillar are now making their own trucks in the states www.drivecat.com
    I have also heard they are fitting the Sisu into the Challenger . Agco can do what they like with it as it has nothing to do with Caterpillar now.

Leone75

Julian_P

Quote Originally Posted by reboot View Post
    I hates salesmen that knock a rival machine with rumours and theories that aren't proven or researched. He's a salesman and not an engineer too!
    Salesmen have talked bosh, bunken and balderdash since the days when Pontius was a pilot, remember that and you won't go wrong!

Julian.

Roger Perry

Think thats a Navistar engine in the Cat truck, built or designed by them.....Navistar was International Harvesters old truck line.

Rob

The d series challengers will have sisu engines as they are owned by agco. The mf cvt gearbox is a fendt box.
    Some people take more rubbish on here than salesmen.

BANTER

Challenger is owned by AGCO, not CAT.

CAT have meant the emissions regs. via EGR (same as Deere)

AGCO's policy is SCR (AdBlue) so Challenger will now be running Sisu engines with AdBlue.

Rafterman

Was told that the D series will have Sisu engines, the 7 cylinder in the upper models.
    The Fendt trans has is being evaluated but 700hp through tracks is somewhat different to the stress and strain of 400 through wheels.
    Is it really important to have a vario box on something that big? hardly be popping it on the destoner :lolk: