Re: Small combine harvester

Hooby Farmer

so what did you buy in the end up?

muck spreader

Quote Originally Posted by Hooby Farmer View Post
    so what did you buy in the end up?
    John Deere 935 never sold in the UK but similar to the 950 I think.

essexpete

Not liked by many but this is clean and small by todays standards.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Massey-Fer...item19d46c4a82

windymiller78

having struggled with the neighbours combine, we've bought a new holland clayson 135, today with a 12 foot cut, are they any good? hopefully won't sink like a lexion!

Col the Ox

Quote Originally Posted by windymiller78 View Post
    having struggled with the neighbours combine, we've bought a new holland clayson 135, today with a 12 foot cut, are they any good? hopefully won't sink like a lexion!
    See to have had a good reputation. Several of them used to work around here. Didn't seem to have too many problems.

Penmoel

Quote Originally Posted by Penmoel View Post
    Friend of mine just bought this, would do all you need and more.
    I think it will be difficult to find a tidier example only done 1600 hours.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...vip=true&rt=nc
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    A Senny 60 was a Mat. Standard tarted up. Power steering, a better unloading auger, better air box. etc.

I saw that machine on eBay and it's a credit to all it's former owners. You can tell it hasn't done much by the paint on the table auger. Of course all the usual things have to be looked at. Beater bars, walker bearings & shafts, fan, sieve box, trunking elevator, etc. But your friend has got a bargain. I used to squeeze 200 acres out of a Standard easy enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Track Marshall View Post
    This time round his instincts were right, I know the owners of this combine and I have seen the combine in the flesh, and i don't think you need to worry about the condition of it. As far as I know it was just surplus to requirements.

Here she is working today, he has fitted a cab from another Senator so looks have changed quite a bit !

essexpete

That is good to see and proves there is always more than one way of removing the moggy hair! No doubt some would scream why bother, contractors ...... but it does give a small grower a bit of control over when and how.

essexpete

Have any of you seen this? Pure Madness if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=p9tlh0KDOTs

Penmoel

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    That is good to see and proves there is always more than one way of removing the moggy hair! No doubt some would scream why bother, contractors ...... but it does give a small grower a bit of control over when and how.

He is a contractor in these parts

essexpete

He is a contractor in these parts

Sorry

windymiller78

Quote Originally Posted by Col the Ox View Post
    See to have had a good reputation. Several of them used to work around here. Didn't seem to have too many problems.
    well its finished the 70 acres of feed wheat and oats, only one breakdown a 50 bearing on the header, not bad for a 1500 combine, we'll put her away till next year

Col the Ox

well its finished the 70 acres of feed wheat and oats, only one breakdown a 50 bearing on the header, not bad for a 1500 combine, we'll put her away till next year
    Clean her down well, take off as many panels as you can to let light inside, spread mothballs about liberally, and don't wash her until just before next harvest.

My old Dominator has just completed her 31st harvest - and this year it cost, in spares from Manns, about 500-00. I reckon that's cheap harvesting.

Exfarmer

My old Dominator has just completed her 31st harvest - and this year it cost, in spares from Manns, about 500-00. I reckon that's cheap harvesting.
    Depends if you do 10 or 500 acres Col

Col the Ox

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    Depends if you do 10 or 500 acres Col
    Point taken. About 180 acres. Still think that it was a cheap harvest.

Niels

Here she is working today, he has fitted a cab from another Senator so looks have changed quite a bit !
    Nice machine although that is not a Claas or Cabcraft cab but a Fortschritt one off an E512 or something.

Penmoel

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Nice machine although that is not a Claas or Cabcraft cab but a Fortschritt one off an E512 or something.

Niels , you may well be correct , he had the cab on another senny before, he had to cut the front of the grain tank back vertical to get the cab on, but its quite a nice job and a tidy cab with padding, fans, radio and all.

Not saying you can hear the radio much though

windymiller78

Clean her down well, take off as many panels as you can to let light inside, spread mothballs about liberally, and don't wash her until just before next harvest.

indeed probably got to do another neighbours 40 acres patch next year too. certainly this year looks a lot of folks have struggled with contractors or large machines in the wet.
    all hoovered out inside, greased up, painted the bright bits with diesel, in the back of the barn now not the quickest but made a good sample, now other than occasionally start it, its full of antifreeze and tyres are up etc (newish anyhow) is there anything else to do to keep her right?

Col the Ox

indeed probably got to do another neighbours 40 acres patch next year too. certainly this year looks a lot of folks have struggled with contractors or large machines in the wet.
    all hoovered out inside, greased up, painted the bright bits with diesel, in the back of the barn now not the quickest but made a good sample, now other than occasionally start it, its full of antifreeze and tyres are up etc (newish anyhow) is there anything else to do to keep her right?

If it is an easy job, then removing the sieves is a good idea. I know that i have to fit oilseed rape sieves anyway, and so for me it is a necessity rather than just removing and replacing (next summer) the same sieves.

Don't forget the mothballs! Rodents don't like the smell - and renew them about three times during the winter. If you run out, raid the Missus' knicker draw!!

If you don't have to move her until next year, if you can take the weight off the tyres it will help to stop the sidewalls splitting.

Niels

Niels , you may well be correct , he had the cab on another senny before, he had to cut the front of the grain tank back vertical to get the cab on, but its quite a nice job and a tidy cab with padding, fans, radio and all.

Not saying you can hear the radio much though
    Everyone is always having a laugh about Bonhill Fortschritt, and any Eastern European kit, but back in the days they were quite advanced. Good cab to be in at the time with lots of space. Later E514 machines also had aircon etc.. Here is a photo of the E514 with cab, E512 is a bit more sloping: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._514,_2009.jpg

wr

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.Crz_sckK-Oo

This man knows a thing or two about combines - big and small