Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Gatekeeper web Apps

  1. #1
    Clive
    Guest

    Gatekeeper web Apps

    Set-up yesterday and it's looking pretty good !

    Tractor drivers getting used to there iPads now and this app looks like it's going to save me hours of data entry

  2. #2
    AlfM
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Set-up yesterday and it's looking pretty good !

    Tractor drivers getting used to there iPads now and this app looks like it's going to save me hours of data entry
    Yes looking very handy.....at last.

  3. #3
    Wormdigger
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    loaded app yesterday, playing with it last night looks good. Agree should save a lot of time.

  4. #4
    Wombat
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    How do you setup the data entry part? I had web apps mark1 which meant I could view field records and sentinel on my iPhone but cannot seen to get data entry setup?

  5. #5
    AlfM
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    How do you setup the data entry part? I had web apps mark1 which meant I could view field records and sentinel on my iPhone but cannot seen to get data entry setup?
    Have you spoken to them and had it 'turned on'?

    Will then get an email with a very handy 40 page PDF attached explaining all.

  6. #6
    Wombat
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Will give them a call tomorrow, as I had already paid and was using it in its inital form as a viewer only I thought it would be on by default when the recording part arrived obviously not. Will sort tomorrow thanks

  7. #7
    AlfM
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Will give them a call tomorrow, as I had already paid and was using it in its inital form as a viewer only I thought it would be on by default when the recording part arrived obviously not. Will sort tomorrow thanks
    No you have to pay a bit more for this, although for once i suspect it may be worth it. I cant remember how much it is a year, but maybe 60 (??), but could be out as i booked it at Cereals.

  8. #8
    AlfM
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    So im being a bit thick at the moment, but having all this set up now as i have, im trying to get my head round whether this removes the need to create plans and export them etc etc as i currently do with fert etc. Getting quotes for new sprayer at the mo, and although it will have GPS auto shut off etc, im guessing there is no necessary need for it to have a controller that will talk to Gatekeeper now? Making any sense?

  9. #9
    Wormdigger
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfM View Post
    So im being a bit thick at the moment, but having all this set up now as i have, im trying to get my head round whether this removes the need to create plans and export them etc etc as i currently do with fert etc. Getting quotes for new sprayer at the mo, and although it will have GPS auto shut off etc, im guessing there is no necessary need for it to have a controller that will talk to Gatekeeper now? Making any sense?
    A lot of controllers only import variable rate jobs as shape files, fields and products, greenstar is about the only controller that will import jobs created through gate keeper.
    Often I have found that while spraying that the chemicals supplied are different from the plan, eg, glyphosate can be rosate 36, gallup, or roundup.so the plan needs modifying in order to record accurately, so the imported file is incorrect.
    I input the mix ie products used into the controller (agleader) as i spray it then download the job into gatekeeper at the end of the day.

  10. #10
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfM View Post
    So im being a bit thick at the moment, but having all this set up now as i have, im trying to get my head round whether this removes the need to create plans and export them etc etc as i currently do with fert etc. Getting quotes for new sprayer at the mo, and although it will have GPS auto shut off etc, im guessing there is no necessary need for it to have a controller that will talk to Gatekeeper now? Making any sense?
    basically when it comes to work plans apps just takes the paper out of the job

    also lets you create a work plan while mobile

    if you want VRA applications recording etc then you will still need to use data generated by a control box etc most of which will talk to GK

  11. #11
    rural rob
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Having got it on Friday and found several problems by Saturday. You can export a plan with a machine/produt and reimport back to GK. However you cannot export a job with just a machine for a tillage operation. That apparently come in January.

    Funnily enough I have on average 3 cultivation jobs on most fields to do before January so GK apps is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Think I am going to revert to a PEN AND BIT OF PAPER. Its cheaper reliable and nowhere near as frustrating as technology

  12. #12
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by rural rob View Post
    Having got it on Friday and found several problems by Saturday. You can export a plan with a machine/produt and reimport back to GK. However you cannot export a job with just a machine for a tillage operation. That apparently come in January.

    Funnily enough I have on average 3 cultivation jobs on most fields to do before January so GK apps is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Think I am going to revert to a PEN AND BIT OF PAPER. Its cheaper reliable and nowhere near as frustrating as technology
    why not just record the tillage as a product ??

  13. #13
    rural rob
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Because then the product is linked to a machine which is linked to a cost and when reimported doubles the cost of the operation. Tried that one

  14. #14
    Ian01
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by rural rob View Post
    Because then the product is linked to a machine which is linked to a cost and when reimported doubles the cost of the operation. Tried that one
    Can you not create a plan as "field operations, product only" and set your tillage up as product?

  15. #15
    rural rob
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    I could but as all machines are individual with their own Greenstar measurements I have opted to do it that way and will have to wait untill Jan before I can use it as I was told it would be

  16. #16
    Ian01
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Just wondered how you guys are getting on now you have been using it for a while. Do you think it is worth having on an android smartphone (htc one x)?
    If your internet signal drops out can you still view / add information and sync it when you regain a connection?

  17. #17
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    I think it's great and it's saved me hours of data input already

    Oprrators like it as well buy there are areas that could be improved

  18. #18
    lexion man
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I think it's great and it's saved me hours of data input already

    Oprrators like it as well buy there are areas that could be improved
    I will second that extremely useful

  19. #19
    jamin
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Been using it for a while now and it is fantastic saves so much time and is simple.

  20. #20
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Have got hold of the full version of this today (used viewer for a while)

    Does it actually save time?

    It seems to me that it takes (significantly) longer to input on webapps than it does straight into Gatekeeper, so time saved inputting spray records on a rainy day will be lost in the field when you want to be spraying. I reckon you could soon lose half an hour faffing about with an ipad over the course of a spray day.

  21. #21
    Clive
    Guest

    Talking Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Have got hold of the full version of this today (used viewer for a while)

    Does it actually save time?

    It seems to me that it takes (significantly) longer to input on webapps than it does straight into Gatekeeper, so time saved inputting spray records on a rainy day will be lost in the field when you want to be spraying. I reckon you could soon lose half an hour faffing about with an ipad over the course of a spray day.
    Saves ME time inputting worksheets and decifering bad handwritting from operators is a thing of the past

    It might mean effort for them but they seem to think its quick and easy to record work done - you just press the clock when you start and again when you stop - no longer than I guess it used to take them to fill ina paper work plan really once used to it

  22. #22
    Against_the_grain
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Isnt this just another version of the pda which gatekeeper offered?? I take it everywhere and record jobs as they are done then download it to the office comp

  23. #23
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Against_the_grain View Post
    Isnt this just another version of the pda which gatekeeper offered?? I take it everywhere and record jobs as they are done then download it to the office comp
    no this is actually useful ! I had the pda thing and never used it it was so useless

  24. #24
    Against_the_grain
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Its the same principle though surely? I use mine all the time. very easy to use and no paperwork....

  25. #25
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: Gatekeeper web Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Against_the_grain View Post
    Its the same principle though surely? I use mine all the time. very easy to use and no paperwork....
    same principle yes but this is more for operators to complete records without getting much deeper - it's a lot more tractor driver friendly IMO than the pda stuff

    it also runs on their phones so no need for pda's etc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •